+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xenta 102-AX VAV Controller

Post Likes

Xenta 102-AX VAV Controller

I have not messed around with one of these before and I may be doing a job and want to use a bunch of these.

I want to know what parameters are available and what I need to do if I got to help the Air Balancer caliberate these during commissioning.

This is an LNS environment, I have the LNS plugin.

Is there a balancing procedure document somewhere for these guys?

Thanks.

Post Likes
    TAC has a cool little balancer/commisioner thingy I keep in the truck. Its used to set up the boxes. The AX-102 controllers are an upgrade and do a nice job.
    I have some lit I could email you.
    Let me know
    If you cant fix it right, try again.

Post Likes
    Any literature will be most appreciated.

But I also want to know if I did not have this balancing tool, can I do everything I need to do through the LNS plugin, or not.

Thanks

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    Any literature will be most appreciated.

But I also want to know if I did not have this balancing tool, can I do everything I need to do through the LNS plugin, or not.

Thanks
    You an use the plug in but its a lot more leg work depending on where you puter is.

The guy that trained me to set up the boxes prefered to use the commisioning tool.
    I just looked, and I got some good stuff.
    Not sure if we can post emails here.
    They are PDF docs

Post Likes
    If i remember right the tool isnt expensive

Post Likes
    Check your email

Post Likes
    got you emails, thanks a lot.

If you or anyone else can confirm the ease or difficulty of the process through the plugin, that would be great as well.

Post Likes
    There are only two points in the 102AX that need to be setup, and that is in the Plugin under Calibration.
    There is a zero value needed and a max air flow of the box.
    Command the damper to 0% with the override, then make sure there is no air flow from the box, then command the damper to 100% and take a reading of all discharge diffusers, this will be your max flow or high value.
    That is all that needs to be done, the 102AX will use it's logic and control the set points that you have wrote to in the airflow parameters in the plugin.
    The handheld device needs to work with a STR type stat.
    Use the plugin and you can make it eaiser on your air balancer.

Lontshooter

Post Likes
    so you are saying for the high end, I fully open the box and not set to max?
    And at fully open i enter the high value (whatever the balancer reads) and then I am done?
    then the min and max should be accurate?

Post Likes
    Amigo - I've balanced hundreds of these. The balancers I've worked with have all complemented the accuracy of these devices. I use a two point calibration process. Calibrate low flow first and then high flow, at least with the LON plug in (Its been a long time since I've used the M-Stat/I-Stat/STR250 to calibrate). Lontshooter mentions calibration at zero and max which I don't think I've ever done it that way, but it likely would be faster as in all reality the balancing proceedure is just looking for reference points and calculating from those points - comparing its read value to the actual value you measure and input to the device. You can also calibrate them with an M-Stat that you could give the balancer to calibrate with but I prefer the plug-in.
    I will ship you some docs as well. What type of room temp sensor are you going to use? I personally like the STR250's.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Thanks,
    have not decided on the room sensors yet. 250 looks good.

Where in the plugin do I stroke the damper to min/max?
    I see the caliberate tab, which I think let's me put in the actual reading that balancer reads.

do I flip back and forth between the caliberate tab and browser tab of the plugin and use nviManOverride?

I don't have a live unit, that is why I am asking these basic questions.

Post Likes
    Read your email!

Go between the status tab and the calibrate tab. From memory on the status tab near the lower right you'll see damper/motor position and right click on the value there and choose override and you can override the value to whatever you want.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform

Post Likes
    Duh..., just read my email,

Thanks bud.

Post Likes
    To Stroke the damper to a value, go to the status page look to the lower right side under network binding inputs, you will see damper actuator (%). This is where you will override the point to 0% and 100%, just right click on the value and the insert the value that you need 0 or 100, it will then open or close the damper accordingly.

The max or high value is what the balancer is reading out of the discharge for that unit when the damper is 100% open(remmeber there is 185 second stroke time on the damper actuator from 0% to 100%), this is where to place in the high value, then the 102AX will calibrate the device for you and with your min and max airflow values in place it will then control to your min and max values for cooling and if you ave heating values also. Remeber to make sure that the unit is reading 0% for zero value, have the balancer check one register to verify or what ever the value that he reads will then become the zero sepoint, which could be for example 100CFM or ?.

There are issue with using the M-stat for the calibration, so it is best to use the LNS plugin for this operation, if you don't know how to uses the M-stat.

I like crabmaster have done alot of these units and have found that this is the fastest and easiest way to calibrate the 102AX, because of the fuzzy logic that it uses.

I would use the str250 for best results.

Lontshooter

Post Likes
    Thanks,
    it is pretty clear now what i need to do.

One other question,
    which type/model of CO2 sensors have you guys used with 102ax ?

From what I read, it is gotta be 0-5vdc output and on ui3, but would also appreciate to know a model/manufacturer that you guys have actually used in the field.

Post Likes
    I have not used a CO2 directly tied into a 102-AX but if I was I would likely use a Veris product such as this http://veris.com/file_uploads/cdl_cwl_d.pdf

It has a field selectable output and one of the options is 0-5VDC.

Post Likes
    hi guys im david from palembang indonesia... i have customer that uses 10 of xenta102-ax pair with str250... have problems with sometimes the damper move itself... from what i've read posts from you guys the thing need to be calibrated before works properly... could u guys guide me on how to do it... and what equipments do i need to use to fix this...

my mail davidschumy@gmail.com

thx for the helps... xD

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in