• 1 pound sweet Italian sausages, casings removed
    • 1 cup whipping cream
    • 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes in juice with Italian seasongs
    • 1 tablespoon dried sage
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
    • 3/4 pound fettuccine
    • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions
    Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic and saut้ until beginning to soften—about 3 minutes. Add sausages and saut้ until no longer pink, breaking up with back of a fork, about 5 minutes. Add cream & simmer 5 minutes. Add tomatoes with juices, sage and crushed red pepper. Simmer until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cooking liquid.

Return pasta to same pot and add sauce. Toss over medium heat until sauce coats pasta and adding reserved liquid by 1/4 cupfuls if mixture is dry. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl, and sprinkle with cheese and serve.

Note: You can saut้ the sausage separately and drained before adding to sauce because it makes too much grease when I put it into the mixture.
    Can double it and mix with a pound package Farfalle bow tie pasta. There is sauce left over that I freeze. This can be frozen when mixed & pasta too.

Post Likes
    I appreciate that you have shared your version of Fettuccine. Actually, I already did a similar one by using spaghetti noodles. Though, I'll try this new recipe later.

Post Likes
    sounds delicious

Post Likes
    i definitively need try this out

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in