Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    CCW license holder, helps again

http://bearingarms.com/concealed-car...narmed-youths/

Concealed Carrier Saves Cop Swarmed By “Unarmed” Youths

An Upper Darby police officer who waded into a crowd of high school students to break up a fight was mobbed by the crowd, and only the actions of a concealed carrier kept this from going very, very bad.

An officer who broke up a fight between two teen boys that had attracted a large crowd at that location was holding one of the combatants at bay when the teen’s opponent attacked the officer, Chitwood said.

“As he breaks up the fight, he takes one kid and then the other jumps [on] him. Now he’s fighting two of them and he’s calling for an assist officer at the same time,” Chitwood said. “There’s a crowd of 40 or 50 kids watching the fight, and they all move in towards the officer.”

That’s when the good Samaritan, who lives on the block, came out of his house with a gun in his hand and told the teens to get away from the cop, Chitwood said.

“He had the gun in his hand, but he didn’t point it at the kids, he just told them to back off,” Chitwood said. “If this guy didn’t come out and come to the aid of the officer, this officer would have had significant problems.”

The 35-year-old gun owner, who has a concealed-carry permit, kept the group of teens at bay until responding officers arrived, Chitwood said.

Not only did the officer who tried to break up the fight suffer significant hand injuries, Chitwood said, but an officer who responded to the request for backup also suffered a major injury to a leg when he was kicked by one of the teens in the fight.

Sadly, young thugs around the nation, egged on by the behavior of the Obama White House, the Justice Department, and Black Lives Matter, feel that they can get away with attacking the police, and have the expectation that they will be able to get away with it.

These mobs expect police officers intimidated by the “Ferguson Effect” to hold their fire and take a beating. They think they can get away with acting like savages.

Concealed carriers and lawful gun owners are a wild card in the mix. Criminals don’t know how a concealed carrier will respond, and they are intimidated by the uncertainty of what a citizen may do.

Law-abiding citizens with arms are increasingly stepping up to defend law enforcement officers from criminals.

Sadly, we can probably expect more of this as the Obama Administration continues to attack law enforcement and excuse the actions of criminals.
    I applaud the good Samaritan's actions, but I think he will experience some sort of retribution from the 'kids'. And the cops won't be there 24/7 for him.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ncboston View Post
    I applaud the good Samaritan's actions, but I think he will experience some sort of retribution from the 'kids'. And the cops won't be there 24/7 for him.
    Well, hopefully, those turds have the memory span of a gnat,(like most of their generation) and it's all forgotten with by now.

3. Likes ncboston liked this post.
    Post Likes
    And let's not forget this incident:
    http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/...-columbus.html

You just never know anymore where this type of behavior is going to strike.
    That can't be good for business.
    And, they took him down, like the dog he was.

Post Likes
    That can't be good for business.
    And, they took him down, like the dog he was.
    Yes, but not until help arrived. From what I read, none of the diners or staff were armed.

Post Likes
    Yes, but not until help arrived. From what I read, none of the diners or staff were armed.
    My understanding is, law enforcement got him after he left the building.
    But, they did get him.
    It's got to be gruesome, getting hacked at with a machete.

7. Likes ncboston liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hope this never happens to me
    For sure, they could have used a stronger door.
    That looks an interior closet door, and not an entrance.

Post Likes
    Why didn't I think of that?

Post Likes
    Hope this never happens to me
    For sure, they could have used a stronger door.
    That looks an interior closet door, and not an entrance.

Yes, I truly hope and pray I never get into that situation either... that is the kind of stuff that causes nightmares and flashbacks.
    Yet... given the choice between being hacked up by a crazy dude with a machete... and doing something violent... well that is a no brainer.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Why didn't I think of that?

Indeed....

Catch the wave and make the bucks before the fad passes...

Said tongue in cheek... well kinda... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    All I can do is shake my head in disbelief.
    http://news.yahoo.com/woman-unhappy-...3260.html?nf=1
    video in link

Female Customer Unhappy With Haircut 'Goes Back To Shoot Barber’

A woman who was angry about her haircut is alleged to have returned to the barbers shortly after and attempted to open fire – only for her gun to jam.

Adrian Blanche Swain is reported to have walked back into a salon an hour after a trim, brandishing a firearm.

The incident happened in a San Diego, California, hairdressers – but the weapon malfunctioned and she was forced to the floor.

Barber Manny Montero said that on Swain’s first visit she had given him a $20 tip on top of her $20 cut.

The 29-year-old is alleged to have returned with a different haircut, holding the gun and shouting, “Look what you did to my hair!”

“She came in with a bald spot on the side, and I am like, ‘I didn’t do that’,” he told NBC.

She then is alleged to have pointed the gun at the barber, puling the trigger three times – but the gun jammed.

"She had it. She was gonna do it,” said Montero. “For some reason, God was there.”

“[We] grabbed her arm, grabbed the gun. We threw her to the floor and held her until authorities came.”

The incident happened on Wednesday morning at the 619 Barber Shop on the 3900 block of 30th Street, after Swain went to get a trim.

Chris Tatum, another barber in the salon, told NBC that she could have shot three or four people if the gun had worked.

“Your whole life runs in front of your eyes, so that’s what it did. That’s what happened,” said Montero.

Swain has been arrested and the San Diego Police Department is investigating.

Post Likes
    California believe it or not.
    http://bearingarms.com/burglar-shot-...le-california/

Burglar Shot, Killed By Homeowner After Struggle In California

A 26-year-old burglar from Los Angeles tried to force his way into an occupied home in Ontario, California yesterday. That was his second-to-last mistake. His last mistake was attempting to take a gun from the homeowner instead of fleeing when he might have had the chance.

It didn’t go well for him.

A homeowner shot and killed a man who was allegedly burglarizing his Ontario home Sunday, police officials said.

A suspected burglar attempted to make his way inside a home the 800 block of W. Mission Blvd. After a short struggle with the homeowner, the unidentified man was shot once near the home’s entry way, said Officer Jorge Ramirez, a police spokesman.

The man’s wife called the Ontario Police Department at 5:14 a.m. to report that her husband had shot the suspect when he tried to force his way through the front door, officials said in a news release.

Police found a 26-year-old Los Angeles man in the entry way of the home and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Ramirez said his name is being held pending notification of next of kin.

Even in anti-gun California this appears to be a very cut-and-tried case of self-defense, and it is not expected that the homeowner is at any risk of facing charges for defending his home, himself, and his spouse.

Post Likes
    Dog doors are for dogs
    http://news3lv.com/news/local/homeow...-home-invasion
    video in link

Homeowner shoots suspect in the face after attempted home invasion

The attempted home invasion occurred in a residential neighborhood near Cactus Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard.

Nicole Slokken says the intruder banged on her door before he was shot. She remembers getting a call from a neighbor about the suspect hitting her door.

"She said, 'Are you ok? Are you ok? Someone is trying to kick down your door.' I said, 'Oh my gosh!'" said Slokken.

Slokken will never forget the night her neighbor called her. She tells us right after midnight Friday a man went on a home invasion rampage on her street.

"Break in the door kicking it and trying to break it down," said Slokken.

The man was not successful in getting through the front door, so neighbors say he went to a home next to Slokken's.

Witnesses say the man armed with a 12-inch knife tried getting through the doggie door. The homeowner ended up shooting the man in the face.

"I think it was very brave," said Slokken. "I'm glad he did it. It made me feel better -- that he's armed."

The home invader was taken to the hospital. We are told he has now recovered and is in jail.

Slokken found the suspect's cell phone outside her house.

Neighbors say the man tried forcefully entering at least three homes on the street. The brash break in has people at this South Las Vegas community concerned.

Caroline Galanza lives in the neighborhood.

"It was really, really scary," said Galanza. "I kept on thinking 'I can't eat,' the following day. I'm 77-years old."

Slokken believes the outcome would've been different if her neighbor had not called her with a heads up and if her next door neighbor did not shoot the suspect.

"The detective told me the neighbor very well could have saved our lives," said Slokken.

Post Likes
    Remember American Guns on Discovery?
    Well, here's what happened to Richard. What a dummy.
    video in link

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2016/...l-tax-evasion/

American Guns’ Star Arrested for Selling Guns Without FFL, Tax Evasion

Rich Wyatt, the star of American Guns, is accused of continuing to sell guns illegally after forfeiting his FFL in 2012.

Richard Wyatt, 52, onetime star of the Discovery show American Guns and owner of the Gunsmoke gun shop, was arrested late last week on charges including dealing firearms without a license and tax evasion. According to CBS Denver, Wyatt now faces a 13-count indictment after officials say he continued to sell firearms, despite surrendering his Federal Firearms License in 2012 for unspecified violations of federal laws. Authorities also say that Wyatt failed to disclose $1.1 million in income to the IRS.

Wyatt’s family-run gun shop was the focus of American Guns from 2011 to 2012. According to his bio on Discovery, Wyatt had previously served as a former police chief, fire fighter, gunsmith, and firearms instructor. Also appearing on the show was his wife and Gunsmoke manager Renee Wyatt, as well their children. The show was canceled in late 2012 amid controversy and just a few months later the Denver-area shop was searched by the IRS. It was later raided in 2015 by the ATF.

Investigators accused Wyatt of conspiring with another gun shop to sell firearms without a legal license. Customers who bought firearms at Gunsmoke were directed to complete their purchase, including filling out the necessary paperwork for a background check, at another store with a valid firearms license. Authorities say Wyatt told his employees to enter all firearm sales as “miscellaneous sales” after 2012.

Wyatt is also charged with failing to report personal income during the years of 2009, 2010, and 2012. He also allegedly failed to pay corporate taxes from 2010 to 2012.

There was some speculation among Wyatt’s supporters that the show’s cancellation and subsequent search by the IRS was due to Wyatt’s outspoken support against gun control in Colorado. Thomas Miller, one of Wyatt’s attorneys, echoed this sentiment and speculated that the ATF may have a political agenda in pursuing its case against his client.

CHECK THESE OUT
    Dennie Bowman with his 2014 spike buck.HUNTING10 MASSIVE SPIKE BUCKS THAT DESERVE TO BE MOUNTEDcatfishFISHINGPHOTOS: 7-FOOT GIANT CATFISH CLOGS HYDROELECTRIC DAM IN AUSTRIAsentrysafeGENERAL OUTDOORSVIDEO: HOW TO OPEN A SENTRY SAFE IN LESS THAN 5 SECONDSatvtankPOWER SPORTSVIDEO: SUPER-POWERED RUSSIAN ATV THAT CAN “WALK” ACROSS BROKEN ICERich Wyatt, the star of American Guns, is accused of continuing to sell guns illegally after forfeiting his FFL in 2012.SHOOTING SPORTS‘AMERICAN GUNS’ STAR ARRESTED FOR SELLING GUNS WITHOUT FFL, TAX EVASIONThe "Superbuck" is now in the hands of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, where it will be used in a poached bucks display. It scores 208 inches.HUNTINGTHE TRAGIC SAGA OF A TEXAS “SUPERBUCK”turtleFISHINGVIDEO: TURTLE TRYING TO EAT BAIT GETS MASSIVE SURPRISEcarbonfiberslugSHOOTING SPORTSVIDEO: ADVANCED CARBON FIBER SLUGS CRUISE THROUGH AR500 ARMOR LIKE BUTTERTaya_Slider1a_logoGENERAL OUTDOORSTAYA KYLE, WIFE OF CHRIS KYLE, INSPIRES US IN THIS EXCLUSIVE PROFILEDidarul Sarder said he was fired by his employer, a valet contract company, after he drew a pistol on a woman armed with a knife in the midst of an attack.SHOOTING SPORTSCPL OWNER REPORTEDLY FIRED AFTER SAVING STABBING VICTIM FROM ATTACKER, REHIRED AFTER OUTRAGE
    “I would say that the political bent of Washington is more behind this than it should be. I truly believe that this is driven by political winds,” he told the Denver Post.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast