Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

The New Improved Gun Control Thread

My idea of gun control, is shot placement.

In this thread, we'll post links to the responsible, defensive use of firearms.

http://nypost.com/video/insane-shoot...aught-on-tape/

2. Likes glennac liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Will find some links later...

There will always be the discussions about caliber... however truth be known... one can die from ONE .22 round... placed in the correct place.

Yeah... it takes practice and training...

Stories to follow...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Will find some links later...

There will always be the discussions about caliber... however truth be known... one can die from ONE .22 round... placed in the correct place.

Yeah... it takes practice and training...

Stories to follow...
    Yep.
    One story has it, that the mob liked to put a coupa .22's behind the ear, and let 'em bounce around .
    Lots of damage done that way. That's the story I heard anyway.

Post Likes
    http://bearingarms.com/armed-robber-...arted-bullets/

Armed Robber Said “Give Me Everything,” So She Started With Her Bullets

Police are investigating after a person was shot in downtown Louisville.

The shooting happened at 5th and Jefferson streets shortly before 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

According to police, a woman went to her vehicle in a parking garage and was approached by a man who displayed a knife and said, “Give me everything you have.”

The woman then pulled out her gun and shot him while she was in the parking garage, officials said.

Further details on the story remain scarce, but this appears to be a near-textbook self-defense shooting from the little bit of information we have thus far, and it seems eerily similar to the Walther CCP ad that Jenn included in her recent article on re-thinking her everyday carry pistol.

Guns save lives… if you have them.

6. Likes ga-hvac-tech, HellGato liked this post.
    Post Likes
    http://abc13.com/news/security-guard...uston/1175454/
    (video in link)

SECURITY GUARD SHOOTS ROBBERY SUSPECT IN E. HOUSTON
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 05:00AM

HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a security guard shot a robbery suspect in east Houston.

The shooting happened after midnight at an apartment complex on Dawnwood Drive at Centerwood Drive.

Officers say as many as four men pulled guns, possibly to rob the security guard.

That is when the security guard pulled his own gun and shot one of the men in the arm. He held the robbery suspect at gunpoint until police could arrive and arrest him.

The other suspects are on the run.

Post Likes
    http://bearingarms.com/self-defense-...e-albuquerque/

Self-Defense Shootings Spike In Albuquerque

Criminals in one New Mexico town are finding out the hard way that violent crime is a good way for them to end up injured or dead, as citizens take up their arms in lawful self-defense.

Eleven months ago, police say a homeowner awoke to a strange noise, grabbed his gun and went to his kitchen, where he found a man crouching, clutching a knife. The homeowner opened fire, killing the suspected burglar. Detectives said the homeowner’s actions were justifiable and didn’t arrest him.

Throughout 2015, similar scenarios played out over and over again across the city as civilians shot would-be burglars. Six of the eight justifiable homicides occurred during attempted burglaries or robberies – more than in the previous four years combined.

In one case, a suspected burglar was breaking through a screen door when he was shot, and, in another, at least two men allegedly forced their way into a house and shot a resident before one of the intruders was killed.

And, in June, a high-profile case caught national press when two ex-CNN staffers were involved in a gunfight at a hotel on Albuquerque’s West Side.

Police say Chuck de Caro shot and killed a man who had forced his way into de Caro’s room and attempted to rob him and his wife, Lynne Russell, at gunpoint. De Caro was shot three times and suffered serious injuries.

While FBI data shows us that the per-capita murder rate has dropped to an all-time record low, violent crime is rising in some cities, and that has allowed a largely anti-gun media to fabricate the narrative that violent crime is actually on the rise in order to call for more gun control.

This approach has backfired on the media and gun control-supporting politicians, who have now encouraged more people, across a wide demographic range to become gun owners. There are now more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens than ever before. It is hardly a surprise that as more good people have firearms and good firearms training, that armed bad guys who are often under the influence of drugs and who have no firearms training are over-matched and defeated when they target a gun owner.

An armed society is indeed becoming a polite society, if for no other reason that criminals are finding that violent crime is a good way to earn a toe tag in the county morgue.

Guns in the hands of good people save lives, and there are far more good people than bad in our great republic.

Post Likes
    Interesting article

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-t...vorite-2015-12

Despite what many think, the Thompson submachine gun was not the first submachine gun.

But many will argue it was the best submachine gun ever put in the hands of fighting men – whether they were “good guys” or “bad guys.”

Well-made, robust, capable of firing more than 800 rounds a minute in some models and chambered for the man-stopping .45-caliber ACP round, the gun lived up to one of its original names: The Annihilator.

“I knew several soldiers who used Thompsons for special operations in Vietnam,” said Alan Archambault, a retired U.S. Army officer and former supervisory curator for the U.S. Army Center of Military History. “Even in the 1960s, the Thompson was still an iconic weapon for U.S. soldiers. Often when one soldier would rotate to the U.S., he would pass the Thompson on to another soldier in theater.”

The brainchild of Gen. John T. Thompson, a former chief of small arms for the Ordnance Department and firearms designer, the stalemate on the Western Front during The Great War (a.k.a. World War I) convinced him the ordinary infantryman needed a new weapon. Thompson wanted something he called “a trench broom.”

“Our boys in the infantry, now in the trenches, need a small machine gun, a gun that will fire 50 to 100 rounds, so light that he can drag it with him as he crawls on his belly from trench to trench, and wipe out a whole company single-handed,” Thompson wrote in a 1918 memo to firearms designers.

“I want a little machine gun you can hold in your hands, fire from the hip and reload in the dark. You must use ammunition now available and I want it right away.”

Designers produced a prototype by 1919, but the first practical models were too late for the war. Still, Thompson convinced Colt to produce 15,000 M1921 submachine guns.

Early observers of the M1921 test-fired on the range were impressed by how much firepower the “little machine gun” delivered.

The problem was Thompson had no steady stream of customers, even when Thompson’s company Auto-Ordnance Corp. released the M1928 – considered by many the definitive Tommy gun model.

True, the U.S. Marine Corps purchased Thompsons and used them effectively in China and during the Latin American “banana wars” of the 1920s. The Postal Service armed its security personnel with Thompsons as well.

But the weapon was expensive – very expensive. Adjusted for inflation, its $200 price tag is roughly equivalent to $2,300 today.

To put things in perspective, consider the contemporary cost of prime, high-end arms like the Fabrique Nationale d’Herstal SCAR 17S 7.62×51 millimeter NATO – it costs about the same as a Tommy Gun did during the Roaring ‘20s.

Besides, for better or worse the Thompson gained a “bad boy” reputation. A handful of criminals such as John Dillinger and George “Machine Gun” Kelly gave the weapon a bad name.

At first, potential customers such as the British government considered the Thompson “gangster weapons” and refused to purchase the submachine gun.

But by 1939, all that changed. Great Britain entered World War II starved for armaments.

The War Office eagerly purchased every M1928 it could, and the weapon was a hit with the Tommies – particularly the Commandos.

The weapon’s reliability and ability to bring devastating automatic fire to close quarters combat made the Thompson a favorite of the Commandos.

They even honored the weapon in the design of their unit recognition flash: A stylized Thompson superimposed on an anchor headed by an eagle.

There were also many American G.I.s who even relished the gangster panache of the Tommy Gun. Images of actors like James Cagney in “The Public Enemy” – easily one of the most violent movies of its time – ducking around a corner as a gangster fired on him with a Thompson were unforgettable.

“It was often seen in gangster films that were watched by impressionable young men who came of age during World War II,” Archambault said. “So, even before its use in World War II, it was an iconic weapon.”

Sure, the M-1 Garand was the basic weapon for the American infantryman. But the Thompson found its way into the hands of officers, squad leaders, paratroopers, U.S. Marines and any soldier lucky enough to grab one.

Also, G.I.s and Marines were fighting all across the globe in battlefield environments that included deserts, jungles and snow. The sheer reliability of the Thompson, particularly in its less-expensive but equally deadly M1A1 model, made it the perfect weapon to endure the lousiest battlefield conditions.

Eventually, the cost of the Thompson prompted development of the M-3 “Grease Gun,” which could be produced in greater quantities for far less money than even the M1A1.

But by the Korean War, the Army relegated the Thompson to a secondary role. By Vietnam, the first M-16s were in the hands of GIs and the military considered the Thompson obsolete.

Today, Thompson submachine guns are in high demand among collectors legally authorized to own full-auto weapons. On average, the price for a clean Tommy Gun is about $25,000.

Post Likes
    Who wouldn't want one? (or 2)

Post Likes
    http://bearingarms.com/gun-on-trial-for-murder/

I’ve Never Seen a Gun on Trial for Murder, Have You?

We’ve all heard it. The anti-gun speech condemning guns, pleading to ‘stop the killing’, insisting we come together to do ‘Whatever It Takes’ to save just one more life. We’ve all made our counterpoints: That someone could just as easily (if not more easily) grab a knife and stab their victim or strangle them to death with their own hands. We’ve had this back and forth many times.

So what’s going to break this impasse?

This morning, the Las Vegas Sun published this Letter to the Editor:

I read through it with the usual “blah blah blah” running through my head, lots of eye rolling, maybe a few tongue clicks. But then I saw something. Did you catch it? The very last sentence. It’s all right there. The author says, “Please stop the killing.”

Great. Yes. Please stop the killing. Who is she asking to stop the killing, the more than 100 million legal gun owners in America who own guns for self defense or shooting sports? Or is it the criminals who are actively searching out guns illegally to commit their crimes?

Let’s identify the problem before we label we try to confront it, shall we?

Guns are not the problem, stop pretending that an inanimate object can be responsible for anything. The person committing the crime, whether they are raping, drunk driving, stabbing, drowning, shooting, attacking, strangling, beheading, or jaywalking is to blame.

I’ve never seen a gun on trial for murder, have you?

Responsibility falls on our shoulders and this argument will always fall at our feet. As gun owners, let’s keep reminding people just exactly who their real enemy is and continue to defend our Second Amendment rights with respect and facts.

Post Likes
    Writing on a bottom of a picture of a Lady holding a baby with one arm and a rifle with the other. "15 MILLION PLUS WOMEN HAVE DECIDED TO OWN A FIREARM. YOU MIGHT CALL IT A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE" I agree totally of course.

Post Likes
    Sad, but true

14. Likes HellGato, lions_lair, yaytech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robber View Post
    Writing on a bottom of a picture of a Lady holding a baby with one arm and a rifle with the other. "15 MILLION PLUS WOMEN HAVE DECIDED TO OWN A FIREARM. YOU MIGHT CALL IT A WOMAN'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE" I agree totally of course.
    If I can find that, I'll post it.
    Until then

Post Likes
    Send me your email and I will send a pic of it.

Page 1 of 17 1234567811 ... LastLast