Thread: Rupp MAU

Post Likes

Rupp MAU

Had a call on a Rupp make up air unit today. No heat. Had one of those blue Honeywell burner controls and a bunch of manual reset switches. High & low gas pressure switches, hi limit, low limit, etc. Cycled power (3PH 480V) and unit fired right up.

Couple of questions here. When I arrived the Honeywell control had a blinking power light only -- no fan, no burner, no tripped switches. The contactor was chattering after I cycled power. After talking to the maintenance staff I was told they had a big voltage spike that morning and lost some lighting and other stuff. Is it possible the controller saw the high voltage and shut off? What could I be missing?

Also, there were 3 or 4 other MA units (same make) that were running just fine.

Post Likes
    The Honeywell flame controller will go into flame failure when the power is cycling on and off quickly while heating. After a quick cycle it will start back up and see the presence of flame still in the burner and cause a flame failure. Should it become an issue replace with a M4RT1 Flame Safety Control. Rupp/Captive-Aire can provide you the parts and replacement instructions.
    "Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort. The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten" --- John Ruskin