Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,624
    Post Likes

    tecumseh B7616 compressor

    Need the new number..
    Let's give nukes a chance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Medford, N.Y.
    Posts
    6,222
    Post Likes
    Tec MN#B7616 was/is an AJ4492A and that is a AJA4492axa,axb,axd, r-12 hi temp

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,624
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Ok..Im interested in replacing this compressor with one that will pull a walk in down to "beer" temp (37*) should I go with a AJ4492?
    Let's give nukes a chance.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,634
    Post Likes
    Switch to a R404a compressor.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,624
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Hmmmm its a cap tube system ..Ill get the room size and see if we can figure out a cap tube size..
    Let's give nukes a chance.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    26,199
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    Hmmmm its a cap tube system ..Ill get the room size and see if we can figure out a cap tube size..
    Being a cap tube there should be no problem changing to x-valve and receiver, then 404a

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,624
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Im not interested in redesigning it.....Ill just go with 401a and keep it as it is...Thanks...
    Let's give nukes a chance.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,146
    Post Likes
    I think the beer coming out of the tap is supposed to be 37*
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    Ok..Im interested in replacing this compressor with one that will pull a walk in down to "beer" temp (37*) should I go with a AJ4492?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,067
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    Im not interested in redesigning it.....Ill just go with 401a and keep it as it is...Thanks...
    Keep it as is, but go with a 134a compressor and 134 refrigerant. If you a changing a compressor on any system there is no reason to charge with an r-12 replacement blend.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,146
    Post Likes
    As long as the oils is compateble.
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Keep it as is, but go with a 134a compressor and 134 refrigerant. If you a changing a compressor on any system there is no reason to charge with an r-12 replacement blend.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,634
    Post Likes
    [QUOTE=primmers;22088411] pull a walk in down (QUOTE]

    Must be a pretty small walk in to be using a cap tube system. Only time Ive ever seen that was at a Subway on about a 4' x 6' box.
    If this is the case, I can't see it holding much gas. Using a over priced HCFC refrigerant wouldn't be much a factor then. Might avoid the all to infamous, plugged cap tube, syndrome.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    8,146
    Post Likes
    How many plugged cap tubes have you come across with R 409 or even 404? Hell even 22?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    18,634
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    How many plugged cap tubes have you come across with R 409 or even 404? Hell even 22?

    Exactly, as oppose to R134a.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •