+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mantooth Android issue

Post Likes

Mantooth Android issue

I've had the Yellow jacket Mantooth for almost a year now. I recently had an issue where they wouldn't connect to my iPad. I also want to add that I've NEVER been able to get them to work properly with my Galaxy S5. I sent them back for repair and when I got them back I still had the same issue. I returned them once again and they sent me a whole new setup. I've only been able to get them to connect to my phone once. They are showing they are paired but they aren't connecting when the app prompts me to. The thing just spins around. I've cleared the bluetooth cache and still nothing. Any thoughts? I am running the most current app.

Post Likes
    My thoughts. Sell mantooths and pick up Testo Smart probes. They work a lot better. I had lots of connection issues with mantooths and none with testos.

3. Likes ChaseAir liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I know it's a bit of an old thread, but if you're still around, Airpro98-

Does the blue led blink while you are trying to connect in the app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Testos will let you down. they always have and always will. Well they have me anyhow and I haven't even used my I connect that I have had for over a month. I am going to sell my Mantooth just because they aren't even close to the I connect even just like brand new. Best set of stubbies I have ever had though.
    Pretty sure that in 3 months the Testoes will be history along with whatever you donated to Testo. Someone once said something about putting lipstick on a pig. Well if the anogoly fits. That is what I feel about Testo and their lack of customer service or their service to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    My thoughts. Sell mantooths and pick up Testo Smart probes. They work a lot better. I had lots of connection issues with mantooths and none with testos.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    Honest review award....I just picked up the Testo smart probes with wet bulb sensors....whoa...that system hit it !

It tracks trends in fluctuating pressures and temps, it calculates capacity from wet bulb readings. Reconnecting is simple after it disconnects.

We have a winner....Testo Smart Probes.

Post Likes
    My Testo 550 had not let me down in the 4 years I've been using them. The smart probes have been great so far

Post Likes
    I have the Mantooth set, and operate it from a GS2 (yep, a disonaur). The first set had to be exchanged because one unit wouldn't calibrate. The second set reads fine but the time needed for setup pretty much sucks the life out of the justification for the tool. Generally I still use a manifold when needed. My major Mantooth complaint is the power saving setup and loss of data requiring disconnection, re-zero, reconnection and hopefully the event you were checking for hasn't come and gone. Not a good tool thus far for diagnosing hunting and TXV setpoints.

9. Likes ChaseAir liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mine is going to be for sale, don't need it and the iConnect plus the FP Sman 4 & 460. Probably going to sell a bunch of FP wireless stuff 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninJoliet View Post
    I have the Mantooth set, and operate it from a GS2 (yep, a disonaur). The first set had to be exchanged because one unit wouldn't calibrate. The second set reads fine but the time needed for setup pretty much sucks the life out of the justification for the tool. Generally I still use a manifold when needed. My major Mantooth complaint is the power saving setup and loss of data requiring disconnection, re-zero, reconnection and hopefully the event you were checking for hasn't come and gone. Not a good tool thus far for diagnosing hunting and TXV setpoints.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Mine is going to be for sale, don't need it and the iConnect plus the FP Sman 4 & 460. Probably going to sell a bunch of FP wireless stuff 2.
    Didn't expect that from you lytning... I was thinking of selling mine, but it's not worth it. Used They're going for half the price of new.

Post Likes
    Trying to sort of condense stuff in the truck. I would be happy with half for the Mantooth used about 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalinput View Post
    Didn't expect that from you lytning... I was thinking of selling mine, but it's not worth it. Used They're going for half the price of new.

Post Likes
    I have Testo and love them very few problems to speak of

Post Likes
    Now I have a problem with my 67001's atleast I think that is the number. I sold my first set that were wired together. Then bought 1 67001 a year of so ago. It worked great. This year I decided to get another one. I can not get both to connect to my Samsung s6.
    Either one will connect but I can't use both at the same time. Makes it very hard to read hi and low sides at the same time.

Post Likes
    Well I am so glad that YJ has a rep here to help. The service is on par with Testo.
    Still its only been 3 weeks. Still can't use the 2 Mantooths togerther Good thing I have analogs and the iconnect.
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    Now I have a problem with my 67001's atleast I think that is the number. I sold my first set that were wired together. Then bought 1 67001 a year of so ago. It worked great. This year I decided to get another one. I can not get both to connect to my Samsung s6.
    Either one will connect but I can't use both at the same time. Makes it very hard to read hi and low sides at the same time.

Post Likes
    I just got an S7 and haven't used the 67000 with it yet. This is gonna suck, I can feel it coming.......

Post Likes
    I won't upgrade my S6 until it dies. Where is the tech rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohninJoliet View Post
    I just got an S7 and haven't used the 67000 with it yet. This is gonna suck, I can feel it coming.......

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in