+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No monthly fee GPS Business mileage logger

Post Likes

Smile No monthly fee GPS Business mileage logger

Hi Everyone,

I never taught of sharing this invention on this site, but here we go...

I wanted to have a simple device that could record all my trips and be ablke to classify them as I make them.
    Every device I would find was using a server and a sim card that came with a contract with montly service fees.

Since I did not need to know where my vehicle was ( I know where I am,) I only required a device that could record my trips in order to claim them, from my company as expenses.

Other product I found were tiny GPS that kind of did that , but they were so unreliable, I had to go trough every trip on my computer...

So we invented the TripLogik.
    This is a small 2.5'' disk that has a GPS , a single button and memory to record up to 55 000 miles between downloads.
    When you start driving, the GPS and vibration sensor detect movement. The instrument sound a two tone beep to let you know it is connected to the satellites, ( and working) and that it is stating to record.

If it's a business trip, press on the button, if it's personal, do nothing
    All trips are recorded, but sorted as you do the trip with the button. ( they can be changed later in the software.)
    At the end location, when there is no movement or vibrations for 5 minutes, the trip is ended automatically

At the end of the day, week, month, plug the device to your PC, and download all the trips.
    The software is licensed with Google and it will retrieve all the start and end address.

All you need to do is print your report, that is IRS and CRA compliment...

you can have a look at our website for more details
    www.triplogik.com

I am sure a lot of you guys can use this as I do.
    I also use it to justify visits , and calculate all my travel expenses to a specific job site etc...

Richard

We just started selling it at Staples in Canada... USA is mail order only for now...

Post Likes
    Cool device. I found a grammatical error on the website. It says "Stop loosing unclaimed mileage..." instead of "Stop losing unclaimed mileage..."

I think you are trying to imply a loss rather than making something less tight...but I could be wrong.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KnewYork View Post
    Cool device. I found a grammatical error on the website. It says "Stop loosing unclaimed mileage..." instead of "Stop losing unclaimed mileage..."

I think you are trying to imply a loss rather than making something less tight...but I could be wrong.

Tanks for the note on the typo :-)

Post Likes
    or u can use google history for free. Your paying some privacy,, but your app to read this does the same thing
    Customer is alWays opposite of Left

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarier View Post
    This is not an app

This is a device that is always in the vehicle.
    Unlike phone apps, this has an much stronger antenna, plus you don't need to start or stop it as you get in and out of the car.
    There is no need to sit in front of the computer and try to figure out and remember where you when..

All the data in the logger are encrypted so if you were to lose it or get it stolen , no one else can read it, or even use it any more.

We invented a power supply that is connected to the OBD port of the car, so it is always powered and it doesn't use the cigarette lighter plug.

My background is electronics , and I mainly work in HVAC automation. Over the last 5 years we have sold thousands to all kinds of trades people, a lot of them were using phones, and other ways, including punching in start and end trip manually in Google. customers always tell us how easy and efficient it is to use ...

There are other less expensive units out there, but none of them we tested as as reliable so far...
    We concentrated on the basic operation, get all of the trips, with high precision, and no false coordinates or loss, along with a button to classify the trips as you make it so you don't need to run over all the trips later and figure out what type it was.

Post Likes
    It would cool if it could learn your biz trips and become automated...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rmarier View Post
    Now that write their is funny!

Post Likes
    The standalone Garmin Satnavs do that too if you bother to install the software.

Post Likes
    Sounds like a good idea.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drbhoom View Post
    It would cool if it could learn your biz trips and become automated...
    It does ... you only have to enter the name you your client the first time you whent, and it will set the trip to business automatically all other times after.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    The standalone Garmin Satnavs do that too if you bother to install the software.
    Not really , Garmin will not classify the trip type, so you would have to go trough all of the trips and select only the business ones.
    Not actually worth it...

Post Likes
    I suspect there are cell apps for this... maybe free ones.

Some of us use our cells to get from customer to customer...
    A cell app would make this easy.

In my case... the van is 100% business... so no need for mileage.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I suspect there are cell apps for this... maybe free ones.

Some of us use our cells to get from customer to customer...
    A cell app would make this easy.

In my case... the van is 100% business... so no need for mileage.

Yes there are plenty of apps, but the problem with them is you have to start and stop them, it usually drains the battery, and will not classify the trips as you make them.
    It is in you car all the time, so no need to remember anything. most people doing a log by hand forget , so starting an app is usually the same thing.. This is plug into the OBD so it is always ON, always connected to satellites so no waiting until an app get a signal. GPS antenna is over an square inch, no lost signal...
    Report printing is as easy as selecting start and end date...
    Not saying there is no other way, but this is truly simple and practical nothing to do solution..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in