+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small Dehumid Stat needed.

Post Likes

Small Dehumid Stat needed.

I'm designing my second bath remodel. I want to have the exhaust fan come on when the humidity gets high, whether the wall switch is on or off. Broan / Nutone have a humidity stat, but a lot of good that will do, as it's far away from the shower. I'm looking for a small de-humid stat I can tuck into the fan housing. Fan motor is 120 VAC at a maximum of one amp.

Post Likes
    The dehu stat will work as long as it is in the bathroom.
    Leave the door or curtain open for circulation. Moisture is aggressive but water takes time to evaporate.
    But a %RH meter in the space to check circulation.
    Keep us posted.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Thought there was an exhaust fan with sensor built in from mfr.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    I'm designing my second bath remodel. I want to have the exhaust fan come on when the humidity gets high, whether the wall switch is on or off. Broan / Nutone have a humidity stat, but a lot of good that will do, as it's far away from the shower. I'm looking for a small de-humid stat I can tuck into the fan housing. Fan motor is 120 VAC at a maximum of one amp.
    Using the words of Jimmy Ferris from Spur Texas in one of the best youtube stories ever: "I wouldn't do that".

I want to have the exhaust fan come on when the humidity gets high, whether the wall switch is on or off.
    They have this concept called HOA (Hand/Off/Auto). This is the proper way to accomplish this task.

2. Humidity is everywhere.

3. A "de-humid stat" is a humidistat looking for a relay.

Post Likes
    It wouldn't let me properly edit this for some reason with out everything being a giant hyperlink...post below.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    http://www.nutone.com/products/produ...b-7fc5b25febde

I put in one like the above, built in humidity sensing but I also have a wall switch to turn it off if I want to. We have a large shower area and the inspector was not allowing it over a shower or tub and wanted outside the shower. Claimed the motor could get condensation and then potentially travel through the humidity/water path and kill someone. Had to go to his boss and show them the UL label said allowed for over tub/shower/bath installation. Got my fan in the shower area and glad I did because we have a wall that comes down from the ceiling that would have really trapped the humidity/airflow in the shower area had we had to put it outside of the shower.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in