Post Likes

Smile Building Automation Education

Hello

I have a question about education. I am about to graduate with an advanced diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology - Control Systems from Seneca College and I want to get into the building automation field, something along the lines of controller programmer or integrator. What kind of additional education would I need? Would a certificate or diploma in HVAC or Building Environmental Systems suffice?

Thank you.

Post Likes
    25 years in the school of hard knocks.

Or memorize the Honeywell Gray Manual

Post Likes
    I'm in the building automation field currently installing start up and commissioning but my goal is to switch over to programming side actually dumping the codes and scripts into the systems I'm in school right now at Austin community college for engineering technology and have had your question for awhile now but haven't gotten a good answer on it most programming techs we work with from trane , seimens, climatec to name a few usually say experience is best

Post Likes
    But a degree in electronics or engineering is a plus according to educational requirements on job posts I've see

Post Likes
    I am a hvac tech that got into programming and commissioning. It helped me a lot knowing the hvac first then programming.