Thread: Valve Plates

Post Likes

Valve Plates

Does anyone know where to get decently priced valve plate kits for semi hermetic compressors near the la area? I currently go through Compressor Parts and repair in El monte but sometimes their quality kind of sucks. I also go through CMP or Technical hot and cold which is good but delivery times a killer when you need them that same day.

Post Likes
    Copeland Genuine Parts

Post Likes
    Your copeland dealer can be approached and asked to carry some of your more common parts based on your contract or service work. Most of the time there inclined to especially if you mention that remanugature parts are more readily available at times (that's embarrassing) you mentioned quality you pay a little more but don't have to repeat the work. It's worth to go with genuine. Years of mishaps , breakdowns, and long unbillable hours made me a believer

Post Likes
    We sell quite a few valve plates in the Detroit MI area and air freight gets it to you the next day. What plates specifically? We have a good stock of Copeland disc type and Carlyle refrigeration style. The only time we have trouble with our plates is when the contractor put the new plate on without finding out why the old plate failed. We get compressor exchanges in from the 80's with intact but extremely worn plates, and we get them back from 2 years ago with all the valves shattered. Was it poor quality valve plates or something else?

Post Likes
    Do you guys sell the carrier valve 06ER660017 valve plate? Its a mixture of poor quality and rough use. Last week it was to the point where the brand new suction reeds weren't seating flush against the valve plate.

Post Likes
    Parkeraustin,
    That's the "old style" 06E low temp valve plate. It used to be the standard low temp plate for everything until Carlyle came out with the new design plate (which in my opinion isn't as bullet proof as the old one). Now we supply those plates for environmental chamber compressors and certain other "problem" low temp machines that eat the new style plates. I'm not sure what problem you are having with that plate but perhaps we could talk about it. Why not give me a call at 313 842 8219? (If it's OK with the forum regulations).

Post Likes
    Have you check in at your local Carrier wholesale houses? They usually carry that type of valve plate
    which is used mostly in the low temperature Carlyle 06 compressors on cascade refrigeration systems.

Post Likes
    United Refrigeration is a certified Carrier/Carlyle compressor distributor.