Post Likes

Question carrier multizone problems

Need some help.I installed a carrier 4 ton multizone ductless with 5 infinity heads and branch boxes.The unit heats great but everyday at around 5:00 pm the units shut off and wont come back on.I checked and all systems have timers off on remotes but they still shut down.Has anyone else had this isuue.

Post Likes
    We had a similar situation recently, turned out to be a DOA board. It took several weeks to get a replacement, because it was a new product according to the factory

Post Likes
    got a 3 ton 38gjag dead on start up as well. not sure if its board or not yet? but frustrating that service manual does not offer anything except trip codes, like why would one zone freeze up during cooling mode and another not? curious to know what this could mean? leak? over or under charge?
    “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau

It's sad that we have become so accustomed to bad service that we're shocked when we get good service.
    Neil Cavuto

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacdoctor View Post
    got a 3 ton 38gjag dead on start up as well. not sure if its board or not yet? but frustrating that service manual does not offer anything except trip codes, like why would one zone freeze up during cooling mode and another not? curious to know what this could mean? leak? over or under charge?
    Sounds like eratic or inactive EEV control on the freezing circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    is there a code if this goes bad? if the units runs with no alarm trip codes how can I check it?
    “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” – Henry David Thoreau

It's sad that we have become so accustomed to bad service that we're shocked when we get good service.
    Neil Cavuto

Where ever i hang my hat! Preferably in B.C.
    Post Likes
    Little bit late, but there is a Timer off button on the remote control. It will turn it off each day. Easy to press