+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's business?

Post Likes
    Business gone down badly in UK and perticulary London....what on earth is going on...prices started to go up ...ha ha because the crude oil price is going up...147 $ per barrel.....O'K today in London it has been traded for 69 $ per barrel....why the prices of the food stay up high......bastar** politicians and cons....al over the world....when it comes to money everyone do not hesitate for a moment to f*** the other one up.....
    damn world.....

Post Likes
    Quick response when prices go up, slow response when they go down - the way of the world it seems.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    Things are awesome on this end !!! plenty of work and opportunities galore!!

Its nice to be in such a position when everything else is going to hell in a hand basket

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by crab master View Post
    Kontrol where abouts are you now?
    Crab,

Just started last week with a small design/build firm that has a couple of national accounts. Already been on the road and expect to be traveling quite a bit. I'll give you a call next week.

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    Sounds good - looking forward to hearing from you.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."

Post Likes
    I think what tends to happen is when the work goes down you find things to replace it. Conversely, when it's busy people ramp it up and still find a way to get projects done. It's very hard to develop a very consistent routine and method.

I think guys that say they are always busy are better off reanalyzing and documenting what they do. I think when they are busy some of the things on the list get less attention.

Post Likes
    As busy as I've seen in 15 years. More work then people to do it. Really need three more good techs based on my workload.

Post Likes
    Just left Carrier Controls last week, in OZ, and have started out on my own. In the first week of being on my own, I've invoiced out over 3x what I was earning working for Carrier, and I haven't really gone looking for work yet.
    (but I am backing my controls works up with some TAB work if I need to).

I was a bit concerned, but if things keep going like this then hopefully all will be good.

Word seems to have got out now and the phone keeps ringing.

Carrier down here have neglected the Controls market for too long, and now they are wondering what has going wrong with it all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in