+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assembling Pittsburgh lock made easier

Post Likes

Assembling Pittsburgh lock made easier

My company does lots of commercial and some residential. There's tons of double wall in the commercial side of the business and banging together all the double wall is hell, not to mention all the 18ga large Pittsburgh locks. Some of the guys use these Lock Blocks and i tried 'em myself, I got a couple and in my opinion they are the best thing out there. assembly time has been cut in half.The company is airseamsolutions.com

Post Likes
    Will you send me some free ones?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Will you send me some free ones?
    Take a block of steel and cut it with a bandsaw about 3/4 of the way through...

Post Likes
    Get a pneumatic hammer and then you'll be in heaven. I counldnt imagine hammering 18ga together manually all day. I've always used hand folders to about the same effect as those lockblocks. A good pair won't mushroom too quickly and you could get about a year out of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattmm View Post
    Get a pneumatic hammer and then you'll be in heaven. I counldnt imagine hammering 18ga together manually all day. I've always used hand folders to about the same effect as those lockblocks. A good pair won't mushroom too quickly and you could get about a year out of them.

There is also an electric version but absolutely get away from anything by hand. You don't use a hand saw anymore, right?
    We are here on Earth to fart around ......Kurt Vonnegut

You can be anything you want......As long as you don't suck at it.

USAF 98 Bomb Wing 1960-66 SMW Lu49

Post Likes
    18 ga is kind of tough to be knocking over a 1/4 edg of a hobo connection with an Estwing hammer all day.
    Pneumatic air hammer only way to go.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in