Post Likes

Looking For Trane CVHE/CVHF Oil Tank

Trying to find a new or used Trane CVHE/CVHF Oil Tank (Sump) with the integrated oil filter style (Cover) Factory says obsolete. NOT the latest style with refrigerant pump and sets on the ground but the style that sits on top of evap underneath the motor. It can be gutted as long as the shell, taps and flange faces are in good condition. Also looking for same vintage oil cooler.

Post Likes
    I know where there is a chiller of this vintage that they are going to scrap, let me check with them and see what they are planning to do with it.
    If you dont stand behind our troops, please feel free...........to stand in front of them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    I know where there is a chiller of this vintage that they are going to scrap, let me check with them and see what they are planning to do with it.
    That works. Thank you

Post Likes
    motor fall?
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    motor fall?
    No performing a conversion and would have like to put the oil sump with the sump cover that has the screw on filter and oil sampling port, but since Trane no longer makes the sump its getting an externally mounted oil filter and oil sample port. Could have one custom machined and ordered the cover but time is an issue.

Post Likes
    Trane used to make a bracket to do that on the original sump cover. It would allow the screw-on filter housing (with sample port) to mount on the cover. I think two cover bolts were backed out about a quarter inch, and the bracket was slid in behind them and then the bolts tightened back up. Then the oil lines modified to match. On older machines with flare connections you didn't even have to remove the charge.
    Maybe some of the other guys here remember, or somebody can find the literature. Not sure if it was a bulletin. Maybe parts literature.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclrchiller View Post
    Trane used to make a bracket to do that on the original sump cover. It would allow the screw-on filter housing (with sample port) to mount on the cover. I think two cover bolts were backed out about a quarter inch, and the bracket was slid in behind them and then the bolts tightened back up. Then the oil lines modified to match. On older machines with flare connections you didn't even have to remove the charge.
    Maybe some of the other guys here remember, or somebody can find the literature. Not sure if it was a bulletin. Maybe parts literature.
    Yep got a new screw on cap and bracket, trane did still have that, I just liked the upgraded sump and cover better, Im also gonna move the eductors to the old sump, add a refrigerant cooled oil cooler and upgrade the regulator