Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Distech EC-gfx Offline Programming

Good evening,
    I am trying to get somewhat up to speed with Distech EC-gfx... I have never used it or seen it used before. I have a couple of controllers to look at and before any training takes place, thought I would play with the software to see what I can do with it. It seems like I can do nothing unless I am connected to a controller. The Operations manual is almost 1500 pages and from what I can see, the controller needs to be online to program it. Also... what about licensing?

Post Likes
    You can run a station on your computer and drop a controller in from the Distech module and program offline. Need to have all the Distech stuff installed for the tools from smartinstaller.

Post Likes
    Distech works hand in hand with AX like honeywellspydertool. Except Distech works with all brands.
    You need to download and install the EC gfx software and also download the AX support stuff and load them into your AX software.
    Run a station on your pc and add a Distech controller from the Distech pallette . They way the system works is it is created in AX. The Jace manages the devices and network but the controllers themselves are proprietary. So address and name your devices etc.
    When added to the database you can now either start gfx externally and connected to your "SERVER" hosting the controllers or just right click on them in the AX database and select 'launch wizard'. This will open the devices in gfx and the program will be active.

Post Likes
    Great... Thanks

Post Likes
    Great... Thanks for this... I didn't download the AX support stuff... but I will give that a try. I'm somewhat handy with lots of software... and BAS controls... but I've dabbled in the AX stuff just a little bit... and seems like it has a steeper learning curve than most. Distech has so much software on their Smart Installer... that I am starting to thing the 5 day training might be a good thing.

6. Likes GT1980 liked this post
    Post Likes
    I've been trying to "download the AX support stuff" for months now and can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions?

Post Likes
    When distech go bought by aquity brands a year or so ago they hid the public download site for smart installer. If you still have smart installer installed or .exe file you can still get it. You maybe able to ask them for the download link but they may direct you to one of the local contractors. Unfortunately they have become a little more closed off since the take over.

Post Likes
    Ok, well, the good news is, I have SmartInstaller. The bad news is, there is nothing entitled "AX support stuff". So I have a long list of options, and no real idea which ones to pick. Can anyone offer any specifics? Like, what specific Applications, Firmware Files, Support Packs, DFF files, APB & NXE files, etc... I should install to make the wizard appear in AX?

Post Likes
    You need the support files, There is nothing called AX Support Stuff, look under the EC-NET tab and there is something like Support Package, get that and it will install modules into your Niagara folder. Once you start a station you will need to open the distech pallette and drag the wizard service to your services folder, This will give you the menus when you right click on a controller.

Post Likes
    You will also need to run the distech distribution file on the the jace in order to use the distech service and modules. Best part of distech using ax is there is no cost to use most of the models (except graphics) on any open branded jace.

But going to N4 you have to buy a license from distech to use their modules and wizards. Price is based on the number of distech devices.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mfia321 View Post
    You will also need to run the distech distribution file on the the jace in order to use the distech service and modules. Best part of distech using ax is there is no cost to use most of the models (except graphics) on any open branded jace.

But going to N4 you have to buy a license from distech to use their modules and wizards. Price is based on the number of distech devices.
    But you dont need to run the distribution to program offline on your laptop

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well, I went and got the file using SmartInstaller, but it won't let me install it no matter where I choose as the 'root directory'. So I'm giving up.

Post Likes
    It's one of those programs that I find work best if you let it install to its default.
    Easiest thing is to tick the 'automatically install after downloading' box & follow the prompts.
    Also, if you're manually installing make sure to install the correct version - 32 or 64bit - for your OS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast