Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    This is the definition of HACK
    Do you remove all freon and recharge new everytime? No! just because you want to over charge your customers on a "hack retrofit" don't call me a hack! 422 works if you don't like it go raise hell at Dupont

2. Dislikes HVAC_Marc, kdean1, Ambition disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by aquadave View Post
    Do you remove all freon and recharge new everytime? No! just because you want to over charge your customers on a "hack retrofit" don't call me a hack! 422 works if you don't like it go raise hell at Dupont
    You either top of with r22 or convert the entire charge to a retrofit refrigerant (I prefer R407c), otherwise you're the definition of a hack and you're destroying MY industry. So shiz or get off the pot, go be a painter if you can't do hvac properly.

4. Dislikes aquadave disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    Umm, yes, when a new refrigerant is being used! because that's the law and proper practice. so please, dont defend your hackery, Master Hack.

6. Likes lions_lair, kdean1, kamersoutdoor liked this post.
    Dislikes aquadave disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    So DuPont endorses mixing? I'm skeptical. Gotta link?

8. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    So DuPont endorses mixing? I'm skeptical. Gotta link?

This oughta be good

Post Likes
    No you don't.

PHM
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    When you use 407c you have to change the oil to POE.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I'm simply using R421A with good results.. making sure the old R22 is either gone or recovered and full recharge to sub-cooling or Super-heat values..
    "I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid." - John Gotti

“Always shoot first . . . that way they know you’re armed!” - Orrin Porter Rockwell

"Individuals and entities performing contracting work illegally and without a license place the public at risk and effectively steal millions from Arizona's hardworking, law-abiding contractors and their employees," - Jeff Fleetham, director of the Arizona Registrar of Contractors.

Post Likes
    422B drops right in on top of 22 works pretty good. but 22 is history and need to start moving forward. LOL your EPA licence will be pretty much useless in a couple years
    Have you considered the aftermath of doing such a thing as mixing refrigerants ?
    1 - P/T chart rendered useless.
    2 - expensive disposal fees when time comes to change system.
    3 - risk losing your 608 if found doing such a thing and advertising it on the internet.

13. Likes kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    422 is a "drop in" which will and is design to mix with 22. worse you're ripping off your customer!!!! 22 is going out and won't be here much longer, proper is to replace the unit with either a 410 or 404 so instead of doing the right way you choose to over charge your customer for a temporary fix and have the gall to call me a hack? yall are the definition of rip off contractor
    Last edited by beenthere; 08-28-2016 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Insult removed

15. Dislikes HVAC_Marc, kdean1, Ambition disliked this post.
    Post Likes
    422 is a "drop in" which will and is design to mix with 22. worse you're ripping off your customer!!!! 22 is going out and won't be here much longer, proper is to replace the unit with either a 410 or 404 so instead of doing the right way you choose to over charge your customer for a temporary fix and have the gall to call me a hack? yall are the definition of rip off contractor
    There is no "drop in" for r22. You're a hack, learn or get outta here...

You're doing a disservice to the customer and to the industry by topping off with a retro refrigerant for many reasons. How do you check superheat(dewperheat) and subcooling(bubcooling) with your kavorkian concoction?
    Last edited by vstech; 08-28-2016 at 03:49 PM.

Post Likes
    Are you properly labeling your units after mixing refrigerants?

Last edited by vstech; 08-28-2016 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Removed insult

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Are you properly labeling your units after mixing refrigerants?
    And providing a new temperature chart?

19. Likes HeatenCoolair, kdean1, kamersoutdoor liked this post.
    Post Likes
    It's very likely you are mis-interpreting the term 'drop in' refrigerant. Drop in means you do not need to change the oil. It does not mean you drop it in on top of another refrigerant.

Are you aware that 422b has a ~10*F temp glide at 35*F? And the glide approaches 20*F at the higher condensing temps?

21. Likes HellGato, kdean1, kamersoutdoor liked this post.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast