Page 136 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,768 of 1859
    Post Likes
    No Glenn.... I said I would probably run like hell...... I dont know what I would do...... and I will never know until the situation arises........ I am not going to spout off a bunch of rambo bullsh*t and say I know what I would do in a tense situation like that.. because if we are honest with ourselves we just cant say.....

Hey Glenn.... now that you are here........ what did you call that little tool that you clip onto an magazine to load it with stripper clips....... charging tool ??? loading tool ??? spoon ???
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Loader for short or magazine loader is the real name corny. Glad to be of assistance there.

Our ammo boxes always had a loader. They would give us bandalers when we needed them. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Sen. Barry Goldwater

Post Likes
    U.S. Supreme Court Turns Away Challenge to Connecticut’s Semiautomatic Gun Ban.

I wonder if they can bring this up again when there is a full court...... once tony scallion is replaced..... ???

http://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-supr...ban-1466431947

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Another way to see that Corny...

Is SCOTUS sent a message to voters:

Be VERY Careful who you elect next time....
    Lots of decisions you voters are gonna have to live with...
    Will be made based on who appoints the next judges.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    10:28.... pm

Finally winding down enough to get ready for bed... Worked my tail feathers off around the house tonight...... 2 80 pound bags of cement.... among other things.... in the trash can tonight...... mowing..... moving some of my limb pile to the street......

Maybe I can sleep tonight...... maybe......

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    I cut the dead branches off one of my front maples. I usually forget to do it until the leaves have fallen - and then I can't tell which branches are the dead ones.

I have been slowly killing millions of carpenter ants and I found some of their empty hollows in this tree. I filled them up with mortar mix but my church neighbor across the street told me that was bad for the tree. Ever heard of that?

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    10:28.... pm

Finally winding down enough to get ready for bed... Worked my tail feathers off around the house tonight...... 2 80 pound bags of cement.... among other things.... in the trash can tonight...... mowing..... moving some of my limb pile to the street......

Maybe I can sleep tonight...... maybe......
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    I cut the dead branches off one of my front maples. I usually forget to do it until the leaves have fallen - and then I can't tell which branches are the dead ones.

I have been slowly killing millions of carpenter ants and I found some of their empty hollows in this tree. I filled them up with mortar mix but my church neighbor across the street told me that was bad for the tree. Ever heard of that?

PHM
    ------
    I have heard that also....

However leaving the gap open to bugs and weather...
    Probably not any better.

I know... what about plastic wood...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    I was going to fill them with spray can foam and then seal that with roof cement after the foam set up. But the only foam can I could find wouldn't fire and filling the hollows up entirely with an asphalt based product seemed toxic. For the tree I mean.

What harm does the mortar mix cause? And I mean to the tree - not to the wood cutter's eventual chainsaw. <g>

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I have heard that also....

However leaving the gap open to bugs and weather...
    Probably not any better.

I know... what about plastic wood...
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    All I can come up with....

Is the mortar mix shrinks when it dries...
    Leaving cracks moisture and bugs can get into.

If the idea is to try to seal out the moisture and bugs...
    Then something expanding or at least not shrinking...
    Seems a better approach???
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Post Likes
    My thought was that without the destructive / damaging effect of moisture, rot, and insects - the tree could heal itself / regrow the holes shut.

But in agreement with what you are saying; the cement will hold moisture. So I can spray it with Thompsons water seal or maybe just go back to smearing on a thin layer of roof coating over the cement.

This all started because I used Agent Orange to edge my grass. A friend of mine came up with this great weed killer one time - you could literally see the plants shrink and die within minutes of application. To avoid trimming I applied it all around my fence posts (I used to have a fence in those days) and all around the foundation of my house.

It worked great but any feeder roots that took it up - killed that portion of all my trees. Some years later I asked what it was and Fisher said: I don't know - a military buddy of mine from Vietnam had it when he died - his wife gave it to me to clean out the garage. He called the wife and asked her what that weed killer was. She said that she didn't really know but her husband had called it: Agent Orange - but she had never believed him. <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    All I can come up with....

Is the mortar mix shrinks when it dries...
    Leaving cracks moisture and bugs can get into.

If the idea is to try to seal out the moisture and bugs...
    Then something expanding or at least not shrinking...
    Seems a better approach???
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    I was going to fill them with spray can foam and then seal that with roof cement after the foam set up. But the only foam can I could find wouldn't fire and filling the hollows up entirely with an asphalt based product seemed toxic. For the tree I mean.

What harm does the mortar mix cause? And I mean to the tree - not to the wood cutter's eventual chainsaw. <g>

PHM
    --------
    A little respect for another man's profession might be in order.

http://www.isa-arbor.com/publicoutre...ist/index.aspx

Just wait until the arborist shows up on your property and puts a picture of your tree on his Wall of Shame forum. "Pure tree hackery!"

lol
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes

PHM
    ------
    Ive seen that done before...... never done it myself..... got a dogwood right now that I am going to have to take down cause the whole bottom is hollow...... dont know why...

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Gun control question.

I'm hearing Hilary will take ya guns if elected. I remember hearing the same thing about bams eight years ago. Did bams change any laws that took gun ownership rights? Has anyone lost their guns in the last eight years? Just wondering...

Page 136 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3686126129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143 LastLast