+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wrapping up a new house.

Post Likes

Wrapping up a new house.

2.5 ton system.
    2 zones
    Total electric/AC no heat pump
    Boiler coil for wood furnace.
    All Duct in garage lined, as well as everything that went up stairs. Attic duct all got lined and spray foamed.

Post Likes
    That's a beautiful job man.

Post Likes
    Looks good as always. One question. How come you put the trap down by the floor?

Sent from Western Union Quadroplex using Crapatalk
    listen > talk

Post Likes
    Mainly so that it is less noticeable...

Post Likes
    Nice work, you don't get many easy paths for your duct work do you.
    Where in the house is the equipment pictured located ? Around here most of the duct work and equipment is located in the basement.
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    Bill, in short not very often... I saw plans for this house about 3 years ago. It was on a crawl. This had a full basement. They wanted nothing in the basement. So the furnace is in the garage. Small crawl space under the garage. Basement duct was easy. Getting to the attic required popping up thru the garage ceiling, across the attic above the laundry room connecting garage to the house, through a wall, up a chase and finally into the attic.

Two 20x12 ducts above the laundry room ceiling.

Up a chase.

Now for another job, this builder, he was looking out for me, no beam to go under... Hell yeah!

Post Likes
    Man, you earn your keep! When I do a new house job I tell them, right off the bat, the basement is MINE. I have one coming up that the architect sold him on trusses (no exposed ducts) NOT, my ducts are going under them, and all the other trades will love me for it too . Around here they won't find somebody like you that will run Real duct work in a torturous situation, it will be all slinkys (a fun and magical toy but it looses its magic as duct work).
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

Post Likes
    HAHA!

I get in before the plumber and the electrician or I don't do it. Plain and simple. Builders hate it but they can get over it. Turned down many that had already been plumbed and wired...

Post Likes
    Looks great as usually! That's the way it should be done IMO. Builder gets it framed in and calls the hvac contractor to come in next. A plumber can reroute most everything with a handful of fittings, we have to completely change our layout to accommodate them. And electricians, come on, a few extra feet of wire will get them around anything. You can build a billion dollar mansion but no one will want to live there if it's not comfortable throughout.

10. Likes shavedneon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Yup! Plumber was not real happy on this job to be called in after the fact, but he got over it.

Post Likes
    This is really beautiful ductwork man! Here in California I never seen ductwork like this on residential. We do it the easy (I guess lazy too) way - flex from plenum on. Also we don't have basements and ductwork is usually going through the attic, often the unit is there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    why have a basement if you arnt going to use it

Post Likes
    Why didn't you use the whole kit for that trap ? If you install the black nipple they give you , all you do is shove the brush thru one side and and the crap comes out the other cap and youre done , Now you cant run the brush thru it silly man ….

And none of the pipe has a fall , it looks like you used a level to install it , I mean … its pretty , I give you that

But having the trap so far away will allow dirt to line the pipes all the way up to it ...

Post Likes
    true craftsman
    Keep it simple to keep it cool!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in