Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    You have upgraded the insulation wonderfully. I have seen people do the same thing and create mold in the ducts.

New AC system was dramatically oversized. Two stage does not compensate for oversizing. What is your Manual J say according to all these insulation upgrades?

Post Likes
    New Tech - Never Gave Us one .. ( Read Manual J""")

The Home isn't that Tight , but the Basement ( To get Mold in the Ducks ) ..
    Improved Outside Water Control - away from Building , Stepped up the Insulation for Basement with Vapor Barrier First . Read ( Freeze Broad Area )
    That's where the Sq. Footage came from. and took the Old R19 in Attic and Garage , Breeze way . etc. to above R42 Garage above R52 Home.

2 New Door Systems , much better with Max Low E and Best Glass available .. still have 2 more Door systems to Complete .

Teddy most likely Correct when He stated : Lower the Air Flow .
    The Entire Idea of New Equipment was to Increase Flow , so the Up Stairs would be Better Conditioned .. That said _ Unit is Set in the Med High .
    Not the High Or Top High , so I don't Believe Were getting anywhere near 1595 -1685 CFM .. more like 1255-1400 CFM .
    Which is still 400-500 above what the Old system was doing , but at Least it cycled .. and Controlled Humidity ..

If Tech Knocks it down another Peg to just Medium Dip settings or Med _ Low then it will be back around 1100 CFM
    200 CFM from where This all started ..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    New Tech - Never Gave Us one .. ( Read Manual J""")

The Home isn't that Tight , but the Basement ( To get Mold in the Ducks ) ..
    Improved Outside Water Control - away from Building , Stepped up the Insulation for Basement with Vapor Barrier First . Read ( Freeze Broad Area )
    That's where the Sq. Footage came from. and took the Old R19 in Attic and Garage , Breeze way . etc. to above R42 Garage above R52 Home.

2 New Door Systems , much better with Max Low E and Best Glass available .. still have 2 more Door systems to Complete .

Teddy most likely Correct when He stated : Lower the Air Flow .
    The Entire Idea of New Equipment was to Increase Flow , so the Up Stairs would be Better Conditioned .. That said _ Unit is Set in the Med High .
    Not the High Or Top High , so I don't Believe Were getting anywhere near 1595 -1685 CFM .. more like 1255-1400 CFM .
    Which is still 400-500 above what the Old system was doing , but at Least it cycled .. and Controlled Humidity ..

If Tech Knocks it down another Peg to just Medium Dip settings or Med _ Low then it will be back around 1100 CFM
    200 CFM from where This all started ..
    My head hurts after reading that one, first of all, get those ducks out of the house, it's really not clean.

Didya get a manual J on that house chief? Need to start with the basics. Is that system sized properly? And Yes, like Ted said, those systems are COMPLICATED, most poor techs who are tasked with installing them are far from able.

I agree with him also, I have a simple system with a dehum installed in my house.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaseAir View Post
    My head hurts after reading that one, first of all, get those ducks out of the house, it's really not clean.

Didya get a manual J on that house chief? Need to start with the basics. Is that system sized properly? And Yes, like Ted said, those systems are COMPLICATED, most poor techs who are tasked with installing them are far from able.

I agree with him also, I have a simple system with a dehum installed in my house.

Ducks _ were Install and Designed for 1600 CFM when it was Built , as the Builder _ Built the Work Shop for the Heating Guy
    that did all the Install of the Original Duck Work . and So We got it from the Horses Mouth - that did the Work ..

But I have seem Better Duck Work , I have seen Duck that would make You some of the most Polished Fabricators
    go Wow .

I have looked for Stainless Steel - etc. and very Few could even Decent Duck Work - little alone Stainless ..
    I really wanted a Furnace Room a Guy would be Proud enough to have Dinner in . .

Post Likes
    You should see My SS Turbo Boost Pipe .. 2.375 inch pushing 17 PSI - through a Custom Inter cooler .. - all of Which
    I Ported My Self , and Fab'd the Pipe .. I'm able to tweak Sheet Metal & Design It and Install it .. Read ( Lay Out Work )

https://youtu.be/1F-C1fgyrHA

Hint to Where I'm At :

Post Likes
    Hears some Air Tools at Work :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy74OS1hxHs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12