Post Likes

AMERICAN STANDARD - dont those have the same Insides as the Trane ?

Sure looks like the same A/C Unit , Furnace may have a slightly different Blower motor , If I was looking to Go New
    Units Matched _ I'd be looking @ American Standard for Sure = $ less and get the same Equipment as Trane . .

Same Warranty , same Performance ..

Anyone in the North east that doesn't have some (( Heat in Their Basement )) , Doesn't have a Basement !

Besides the Safety Pans and Condensation pumps & Lines are Built much Better and with Alarms ..

Also the new 95% Pull Air from Outside , so there Not Pulling Air from the Basement like the 15 yr. Older Furnaces
    Leaving the Warm Air in the Basement . . ( Not pulling Cold Air into Basement ) - Not sure the New 80% Units do that ..
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-06-2015 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Price

Post Likes
    I can see that the golden nectar is flowing this weekend.....

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    ANYONE - doing this much to get - His Brand New system Straighten Out -

1st visit:
    Added MJX oil to the txv valve
    2nd visit:
    Replaced the txv valve
    3rd visit:
    Collected diagnostics
    4th visit:
    After speaking with Trane replaced the inside coil
    5th visit:
    rewired the tstat to the furnace (now using the BX wire rather than both Y wires)
    6th visit:
    replaced the tstat and the control board

Its now been three hours after the 6th visit and the temp has only dropped 1 degree - The issue still has not been resolved.

1. Should have had the New Lines put in ! ( Installer Idea to save Money )
    2. Trane - Really didn't send a Rep over on that - Much - BS ..
    3. Installer must be Low on Work . . as in Love those Big Warranty Payments !
    4. I would have Filed in Court on #4

This Customer went to Number #7 - Really - Guy - Should Get a Metal !

Post Likes
    I'm not following any of this.

So let's focus on the question in the thread title: yes, American Standard has the same components as Trane, the only thing different is the badging.

Post Likes
    It's not the equipment - it's the contractor.

Trane/American Standard did not escape the TXV issue that effected almost everyone since last summer. But again, it's your contractor that's not handling the situation properly.
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

6. Likes darctangent liked this post
    Post Likes
    I too am very confused...

OP appears prone to randomness!

Trane/ American standard = same/same

The shell and the badge differ. On occasion there MIGHT be a product that gets released first as Trane, but I haven't kept up since I jumped of the Trane train.

Why is this important anyway?
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.

Two pressures, four temperatures = SUCCESS!

Boulder Heating Contractor

For Consumers:

For HVACR Professionals:

Post Likes
    Like I said earlier, GOLDEN NECTAR.... This thread should be closed until he/she sleeps it off!

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Hire a new contractor.
    An air conditioner isn't a tv you just buy and plug in. It must be properly designed, installed and serviced.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician