Post Likes

Johnson Controls to Siemens (Bacnet)

I have a Johnson controls FX60 supervisory controller connected to various JC devices: FX 15, PCX4711, PCG2621. I am trying to see if I can make use of any of the JC controllers in a Siemens bacnet system. Has anyone successfully migrated a system? Or at least made use of existing hardware?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkNugget View Post
    I have a Johnson controls FX60 supervisory controller connected to various JC devices: FX 15, PCX4711, PCG2621. I am trying to see if I can make use of any of the JC controllers in a Siemens bacnet system. Has anyone successfully migrated a system? Or at least made use of existing hardware?
    There is no reason that the JCI Devices cannot be used on a Siemens system. Are you trying to replace the FX60 or use it as a router? The MSTP part might be tricky as I know that with the FEC line that you can select the part of the system that are exposed to BACnet and if done improperly you end up with multiple duplicate names and it can be a real pain to deal with. I have seen several systems using JCI MSTP devices and a Siemens PXC.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDeal View Post
    There is no reason that the JCI Devices cannot be used on a Siemens system. Are you trying to replace the FX60 or use it as a router? The MSTP part might be tricky as I know that with the FEC line that you can select the part of the system that are exposed to BACnet and if done improperly you end up with multiple duplicate names and it can be a real pain to deal with. I have seen several systems using JCI MSTP devices and a Siemens PXC.
    With our current systems we use a Siemens PXC with a virtual AEM to connect to our server. I am trying to migrate a JCI system with as little cost to the customer. I would like to be able to install a Bacnet enabled PXC and have complete control of the system ie program not just monitor or operate set points. However, I am new to Bacnet on Siemens and am having a hard time finding information on how I would go about this or what hardware can be reused. Even my Siemens rep is saying it would not work due to the vendor code and programming being in a JCI format.

Do you know if those systems are monitored and programmed through Insight?

Post Likes
    Technically everything can be done through a terminal. I don't know what rep you are talking to but they don't know what they are talking about. Basically you can do it 1 of 2 ways. You can use a P2 panel and add it to your current set up. You would need the MSTP driver installed to talk to the JCI devices. The other option would be to use a BACnet/IP panel or P2 Ethernet panel and bring it in over your network. BACnet/IP has its own issues, but would be the easiest to setup. What you would do is to add a TEC to the MSTP bus with an application number in the custom range and set it up to look at the instance number of the device you want. It will then auto discover all of the points available and you can see it using the terminal subpoint display.