Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refrigerator

Post Likes
    How long did you let it run?

I'd leave it running for an hour then see if anything is getting cold. You could have a drier / cap tube full of oil.

Did you look at the oil in the old compressor? If it looked brand new, then you might be okay. If it was dis-colored or worse, then it is likely you'll have problems.

Post Likes
    I would add just a little to get the suction above 0psi, if by adding the freon & both press goes up ,that is a good sign.
    Then when I did Res Ref, and the instructions say "let system run 24hrs " for the press to get to their proper range , or something similar to that, I found that by running the system for a few minutes(3-4) ,then turn unit off, wait for press to equalize(3-4min). When I do that several times, the fridge pressures stabilized real quickly.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Imatryin View Post
    I've replaced the uv drier vacuum system to 500 microns added 5oz of charge I have a high pressure of 150 and a low of 0 do I need to add more 134a?
    R134a @ 0.4 psig. = -14* evaporator coil temperature. If the TD is 10* then expect the freezer space to reach about -4*. Any temperature lower then this you will find the low low side in a vacuum.

Post Likes
    Fellas! Thank you very much for the input.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12