Post Likes

Vykon Jace issue!!

I have a Vykon jace installed on a AHU using expanded I/O that has lost all connectivity. Our company isn't a Vykon partner. We're a large HW,JCI dealer. We got called out to look at this issue because of the original contractors lack of response. The cat5 cable that serves this jace was damaged about 2 weeks ago. Like cut in the conduit, and wires touching ground while the jace was connected. Since then we have never been able to establish com. LAN-1 appears to be dead. l can't talk on LAN-2 either not sure if that port was enabled?? When trying to serial shell the jace. Hyperterminal never responds with the login credentials. The unit is running away, and appears to be fine. Except the connections??? Anyone ever seen this before??I have been using my HW workbench to access this jace. If the device needs replacement. I'm wondering if anyone has replaced a Vykon jace with a Honeywell one. Any possible jar issue's???

Post Likes
    Is the JACE DHCP or static IP? I had a 6E that was DHCP and lost its network and did a reboot, when it came up it did not have an IP. I was able to serial into it and change the IP and also enabled the 2nd ethernet adapter to guarantee connectivity if something else ever happens.

When you serial in, what do you see in hyperterminal? Anything?

Post Likes
    The jace is setup static. In hyper terminal I get random characters.Just a bunch of garbage.%$%&(&%$$#%#

Post Likes
    Try setting flow control to none in hyperterminal. The literature says to use hardware flow control but it doesn't work for me. Also set the port for 115200, n, 8, 1

Post Likes
    Control Geek. Thanks for the response. This laptop I have a specific connection made for serial shell. It has always worked. I will try on our demo jace. Just to make sure it works, before another trip out there. Unfortunately this jace controls the unit with I/O and its mounted in the unit .It was 92 here, so I didn't have a lot of time to have it off!! I'm bringing a test jace, and will verify serial shell on another device.

Post Likes
    Are you using a null modem adapter? I've seen garbage before when I forget mine.

Post Likes
    Yep NULL Modem

Post Likes
    You will have no problem commissioning, or working in general, on a Vykon jace with Webs workbench.

Post Likes
    As always check software manager to be sure modules match up and upgrade if needed

Post Likes
    Won't be a problem with Vykon if you can get the network jacks working. Without that, its worth about $0.10 to the dollar on ebay on a good day.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

11. Likes qtip liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Won't be a problem with Vykon if you can get the network jacks working. Without that, its worth about $0.10 to the dollar on ebay on a good day.
    $0.10....got a few in the garage if you want them, willing to negotiate.
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.