Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Most minis you don't have a choice, fan is on low all the time when not running. Are these inverter?
    Yes, it looks like they utilize an inverter type compressor

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    Fan "on" will make the %RH higher because of the evaporation of the moisture on the coil at the end of cycle. Fan "auto" should help.
    During low/no cooling loads and high outdoor dew points expect plus the moisture from the occupants expect high indoor %RH. Adding small whole dehumidifier like the Ultra-Aire wll provide low %RH without cooling.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Unfortunately, I don't have a fan auto mode. Are you suggesting a whole house humidifier?

Post Likes
    Please post the model of the indoor and outdoor units

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Unfortunately, that is not the remote I have. It most likely is a higher end model of the Daikin brand.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer09 View Post
    Unfortunately, I don't have a fan auto mode. Are you suggesting a whole house humidifier?
    I am suggesting setting up the cooling to provide a <50^F dew point supply air to the home. During long cooling runs, you will have 50%RH. During low/no cooling loads, you will need a small whole house dehumidifier to maintain <%RH.
    Make sense?
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Drop the continuous fan speeds to ultra low setting. It's done with the remote. Can also use the dry mode at night.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

Post Likes
    The fan might ramp down, but it never shuts off. Not sure what X-2 on Inverter means, I can provide model details if that would help.
    They can't shut off, nor are they designed to.
    Not unless you actually turn the entire system to off.

There is a sensor in the unit that is sensing temperature of the room. Air has to go across it for it to work. Thus, during off "cycles", the fan continues to run to sense room temp.

Both of my units do it.
    Both of my units don't provide as good dehumidification as I would like.
    As Benny said, running the units in dry mode does help. I've started just running both units is dry mode all the time.
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    Please post the model of the indoor and outdoor units
    Indoor Units are CTXS07LVJU and CTXS12HVJU
    Outdoor Unit is 3MXS24JVJU

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    I am suggesting setting up the cooling to provide a <50^F dew point supply air to the home. During long cooling runs, you will have 50%RH. During low/no cooling loads, you will need a small whole house dehumidifier to maintain <%RH.
    Make sense?
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Got it... How involved a project would a whole house dehumidifier be?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    Drop the continuous fan speeds to ultra low setting. It's done with the remote. Can also use the dry mode at night.
    I typically use the auto continuous fan speed (which ramps up/down based on cooling load). From my experience, when no cooling is require auto mode drops the fan speed to ultra low, but I'll play with it more to make sure. Have tried dry mode, but it's not really helped.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    They can't shut off, nor are they designed to.
    Not unless you actually turn the entire system to off.

There is a sensor in the unit that is sensing temperature of the room. Air has to go across it for it to work. Thus, during off "cycles", the fan continues to run to sense room temp.

Both of my units do it.
    Both of my units don't provide as good dehumidification as I would like.
    As Benny said, running the units in dry mode does help. I've started just running both units is dry mode all the time.
    Do you have Daikin units? Just wondering if the problem is worse in my case because of my units or because of my house.

Post Likes
    Do you have Daikin units? Just wondering if the problem is worse in my case because of my units or because of my house.
    For healthy indoor conditions, you should have a fresh air change in 4-5 hours. With high out door dew points and low/no cooling loads plus the moisture from the people in the space, expect to need a small whole house dehumidifier to maintain comfortable %RH. 3-5 lbs. per hour of dehumidification is needed with a 2-3 occupants and +60^F outdoor dew points.
    If you could stop fresh air infiltration, you would be in air polluted space with insufficient oxygen levels to be healthy.
    Add the small whole house dehumidifier like the Ulra-Aire 70H. I would include fresh air option for the calm weather ventilation.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast