Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by teddy bear View Post
    For an idea of cost, search Ultra-Aire, plenty of prices out there.
    Because of the technical nature of the products, suggest getting a local a/c contractor to sell and install. It will cost a little more but well worth it.
    Your tech needs to get the a/c working correctly and doing its part of humidity control. A small whole house dehumidifier is intended to keep a home dry during low/no cooling loads and high outdoor dew points.
    Your cooling cost will not go up and your home will be much more comfortable.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Does the Ultra-Aire hook up to my mini-split or my other traditional A/C system? I'm just wondering how it would help upstairs where the mini-splits reside.

Post Likes
    For an idea of cost, search Ultra-Aire, plenty of prices out there.
    Because of the technical nature of the products, suggest getting a local a/c contractor to sell and install. It will cost a little more but well worth it.
    Your tech needs to get the a/c working correctly and doing its part of humidity control. A small whole house dehumidifier is intended to keep a home dry during low/no cooling loads and high outdoor dew points.
    Your cooling cost will not go up and your home will be much more comfortable.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "your tech needs to get the a/c working correctly and doing it's part of the humidity control". Are you talking about the mini-splits?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbenny View Post
    So what size was that ptac?
    Not sure, I will try to figure that out tonight when I get home.

Post Likes
    Does anyone know how I could determine the cost breakdown of my system (parts versus labor). If I were to remove the system, is there any way to recoup some of my cost?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer09 View Post
    Does anyone know how I could determine the cost breakdown of my system (parts versus labor). If I were to remove the system, is there any way to recoup some of my cost?
    Ahh...

So what happened?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

"Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

"Just get it done son."

Dad adjusted

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    Ahh...

So what happened?
    Nothing yet... I'm just trying to figure out if I should have the system removed and if so would the system have any value so that I could recoup my investment.

Post Likes
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by "your tech needs to get the a/c working correctly and doing it's part of the humidity control". Are you talking about the mini-splits?
    Working correctly means setting up the a/c to provide 50%RH during extended operation. Or best as possible. Maintaining 55%RH is ok for some. This is important before adding supplemental dehumidification to avoid making the dehumidifier run more than needed.

Does the Ultra-Aire hook up to my mini-split or my other traditional A/C system? I'm just wondering how it would help upstairs where the mini-splits reside.
    In the case of mini-splits, dry air the dehumidifier should be circulated as best as possible. At a minimum to the open part of the home. The dehumidifier can be located in an utility area or closet.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Thanks, that is helpful.

Post Likes
    Working correctly means setting up the a/c to provide 50%RH during extended operation. Or best as possible. Maintaining 55%RH is ok for some. This is important before adding supplemental dehumidification to avoid making the dehumidifier run more than needed.

In the case of mini-splits, dry air the dehumidifier should be circulated as best as possible. At a minimum to the open part of the home. The dehumidifier can be located in an utility area or closet.
    Hope this helps.
    Regards Teddy Bear
    Thanks, that is helpful!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234