Post Likes

LIQUID LINES SWEATING PROFUSELY - This is what I did !

I have a Brick Home and any Lines that Run through the Brick and Block - there is an Inch Air Space
    .75 - 1.5" Space on some Homes _ there is also a lot of Moister in these Walls ..

That's why a lot of _ Mason's Install Weeps . Any How - I was getting Continuous Drips .. New Install ..

Ended Up Drilling Holes All around the Freeze Board where the Lines ran through Block or Brick and Blew _ Half a Can
    of Insulating Foam into the Wall _ Between the Freeze Board and the Outside , Brick & Block ..

Solved the Issue . .

Post Likes
    If the liquid line was sweating then I know that no amount of insulation will solve that problem. The vapor line, yes. The liquid line, no.

Post Likes
    Sweating May Not be the correct Term and Small Lines it was the High Humidity in Southern Homes Combined with NO WEEPS
    as they Don't want Bugs getting in and ( Yes I have seen Tight Screens Used for the Weeps ) -
    They don't seem to due that Either in the South .

The Pipe simply Acts as a Pathway ..

Post Likes
    If the Installer _ Drills the Holes to Close to the STEP at the Top of the Wall from Basement to the Step for the Brick .
    It Simply Starts a Path ..

It's a Possibility that some with Brick Home _ have this Condition .

Post Likes
    You might contain or stop the moisture from forming but you will not fix the REASON the liquid line is condensing. ..

If the liquid line is below outdoor temp there is a refrigeration problem that needs fixing.
    The TRUE highest cost system is the system not installed properly...

Find a HVAC-Talk Contractor by clicking here

Click below to BECOME a pro member
    https://hvac-talk.com/vbb/forumdispl...ip-Information

Do you go to a boat repairman with a sinking boat, and tell him to put in a bigger motor when he tells you to fix the holes?

I am yourmrfixit

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vstech View Post
    You might contain or stop the moisture from forming but you will not fix the REASON the liquid line is condensing. ..

If the liquid line is below outdoor temp there is a refrigeration problem that needs fixing.
    Agree :

Read My Reply's Twice :

See Diagram : It Could be all about the Construction on a Split System &
    Where the Holes were Drilled .

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Likes
    No matter the humidity or any dew point the air would be the smaller LIQUID line on an operating AC system will not sweat unless there's a refrigeration problem. The Larger SUCTION vapor line will sweat under most conditions when operating.

Post Likes
    In The Illustration Above - there is an Item Marked : Open Weave - Mesh .

New Products of this Type are more Open and Help allow Air to Move and the Wall to Breathe .
    In Older Homes it was more like a Wick . ( If You Drill a Whole in a - Wick - Your going to get What ? )

5% Points for Humidity Control

Post Likes
    You didn't solve the issue. Liquid line isn't suppose to sweat, period.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post

I have a Brick Home and any Lines that Run through the Brick and Block - there is an Inch Air Space
    .75 - 1.5" Space on some Homes _ there is also a lot of Moister in these Walls ..

That's why a lot of _ Mason's Install Weeps . Any How - I was getting Continuous Drips .. New Install ..

Ended Up Drilling Holes All around the Freeze Board where the Lines ran through Block or Brick and Blew _ Half a Can
    of Insulating Foam into the Wall _ Between the Freeze Board and the Outside , Brick & Block ..

Solved the Issue . .
    The liquid line should always be warmer then the dew point when an A/C runs. So its temp should never be at or below the dew point. If a liquid line is sweating, there is a problem with the system.

Your attempt at a solution for riverridge01, is the reason only the thread starter, and Pro * members can reply to threads in the AOP forums.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?