Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    So you had a guy putting gas into your new system with no scale, and apperantly no clue on how to deal with an inverter drive unit.
    Sounds like a winner. Where'd you find this dude?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    Another "I'll buy the equipment and pay a guy I know to put it in" story.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    he's coming Wednesday this new guy to evacuate it and scale in 410. The funny thing though the LG is doing better not its blowing out ice cold air. I used a infared gun was like 48.9 F to 53.0 F. Maybe I shouldn't even touch it now. Who knows, but I am cause I have no clue with this another guy out in how much. I don't think a lot. Hey guys why don't they have or someone invent something to read a mini split without going threw all this hassle?

Post Likes
    What do you mean, by "read a mini without all the hassle"?
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Local 486

Post Likes
    meaning readings pressures and all or something to tell you how much Freon is in a min split etcc. So you don't have to evacuate it and weigh in.

Post Likes
    Readings to tell you current charge condition are common across all sorts of refrigeration. It's not difficult at all, providing you know what your doing. It's not rocket science, just a little math will tell you all you need.
    You hired someone off Craigslist to install it didn't you?

Local 486

Post Likes
    ha no I didn't. I met him out in the field awhile ago and asked him if he would do side work. Cause all the companys are so high in price. Yes I probably wouldn't be going threw this if I just got th right person. He did a mini split for me already GREE. it didn't have to be charged and worked fine. Again the day he installed the LG it was like 80 out and said ill come back and check feeon when its hot out. He came back when it was 95 degrees. he hooked up the gauges and I had a reading under 40. whatever terms you guys know. The pink line I guess that's the line for 410a. he added a little at a time and got it up to 40. I gues I was at 37 on the gauges. So if that's the way you read the split. Then my guess he might of read it right. Yes maybe he should of none not to put more it if it was precharged. He knew it was but added a little more. For some reason the last 3 days its been freezing in here. Im not sure if its the reason that it was 85 everyday and not 95 out. I just don't know that answer maybe you do, buti have a LG certified coming Wednesday which I don't really want to pay this to do. I think its ridilous< but he said hell evacuate it and addd in 31.7 ozs he said hell add 2 lbs which is 32 oz's. I mean like you said if this new guy can read how much is in there or say its fine. then I wont need to do this, but everyone keeps saying to evacuate it and weigh it in. Why I am on here asking for advice. I appreciate all this help trust me. im learning a lot here.

Post Likes
    Commissioning and charge is critical.
    Your guy doing side work, how did he do a leak check, and how many microns did he evacuate down to? How long did it hold there? How was the commissioning report sent to LG with no installing company? If there was no report, what about the unit warranty?

Local 486

Post Likes
    Mini splits are only charged by weight. There is no way to charge by gauges.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    I wish I had a $1.00 for every response I deleted.....

"Decidedly Superior in a twisted pathetic way".....

Post Likes
    "Cause all the contractors charge too much" ?

You get what you pay for

Hope you saved enough th buy another unit!

11. Likes kdean1 liked this post
    Post Likes
    We all use the "pink line" we're happy. I use the "green line" when I'm jealous. 40, 50, 70 same difference.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

Post Likes
    Whats up guys. So the guy came yesterday to evacuate system. He took all the Freon out. checked for leaks none and also vacuumed it out. my LG needed 31.7 oz's he put in 2 lbs 1 oz. A drop more which is fine. anyway my system is working well and even better it gets colder and the temperature drops now down. So I guess it was overcharged and while it did cool it probably wasn't working right. I can feel that the room takes its time to cool and stays cool. Thanks for all the help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123