Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Lg Mini Split Overcharge question? Need Help

Hi I recently got a LG 12,000 btu mini split. It comes Precharged with about 31.7 oz's of 410a. I had a sub contractor install it. Everything was working fine after install it would blow out cold ac and house temperature would go down. Though he told me ill come back when its really hot out and check levels. Not knowing now that I learned on internet. whatever charge it came with is the right one and good especially using a 25 ft line set. So he came back on a hot day and put gauges on it. I guess gauges wont tell you much on a mini split as im reading. he was trying to get I think the pink line in gauages pressure to 40. Which is right or wrong as he was doing so he added Freon 410a little at a time. Little at a time not much at once.

After he was done the unit since then cools good for the first 10 minutes then I think it blows out a little less cooler.
    How I am describing it is like the unit thinks it hit the temperature level. Which it cant be cause now I have it on 64f and room temperature says 74. I have it all the way down to see if its not working properly. Is this a sign of overcharge? If so thanks.

I know the best thing to do is evacuate system then put in the right amount which is 31.7 oz's. I really didn't want to call back this guy again. One guy I called said he can look a gauges and take a little 410 out and run it to see if it works better.

Post Likes
    Find someone that will pull the charge evacuate and weigh in the correct amount.

Post Likes
    So you think its overcharged I guess right. How much should someone charge me with 31.7 oz to put in and evacuate so I know im not getting ripped off thanks?

Post Likes
    Were not allowed to discuss prices.

What's it worth to have the unit operating properly and have a long trouble free life?

You've already been ripped off pay the price this time!

Post Likes
    Gotcha thanks

Post Likes
    This is why customer supplied equipment is a poor idea. Guys that agree to install it often know little to nothing about the equipment, and don't really care anyway.
    That's a very high tech unit. Find someone that is trained on this brand and let them recommission it. Have a full test and tune done on it. You'll have to pay but at least the unit will be running the way it should.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486

Post Likes
    One last ? and this is on doitmyself before I call this guy. Can I go to home depot and buy a valve with a open and close on it. Hook it up and release a little 410a out not much maybe 5 seconds to start and run it and see if I see a difference? I mean everytime you take a gauge off you here for a sec a little noise of a drop coming out. If that's possible for me ill try if not ill call the guy, but it was an idea thanks.

Post Likes
    That's illegal.
    Spend the money to have it done right, or don't complain when the unit fails and you have to buy another one because your warranty is void.
    “I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” - Thomas Edison

“It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” - Vince Lombardi

Local 486

Post Likes
    Oftentimes, customer supplied equipment ends up costing the customer several times over what they'd have paid a contractor to do it, for reasons such as this.

Local 486

Post Likes
    Sir

You can do whatever you want

I'm Done

Post Likes
    ok

Post Likes
    My recommendation-call LG and find your local authorized dealer. Call them and have them come out and fix the unit per manufacturers standards. Pay whatever they want. Just have it so it's installed and running how LG says it should. This may include pulling it back out and reinstalling it, depending how bad the hack was you hired to put it in the first time.

Local 486

Post Likes
    ha yeah man the guy came back with no charge. Like he was helping me out. When he installed it. It was 80f outside. When he came back it was like 95 out. He just told me ill come back when its hot out to check gauages, but I guess he never worked with a LG. So now I don't think its working the right way. I definitely think its overcharged but not by much, but its effecting the unit to do the right job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast