Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    544
    Post Likes

    Tracer AH540 download question

    I'm working at a school that is using Trane's Tracer BAS.

    Using Rover to troubleshoot a communications issue I had an error pop up on the screen requesting a new application program. In addition, Rover cannot find the proper plugin files for this Trane device. It was working fine (for more than a few years) until very recently.

    How do I ID the file that exists in the AH540 now and how do I acquire the new file? Is it a free download via Trane's website or is it necessary to be purchased? Or is it likely that the board let the smoke out when nobody was looking?

    I've been using this Trane software (Rover & Summit) for almost a year now (off and on) but I still don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling in my tummy on what it does and how to do it.

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    572
    Post Likes
    What version of Rover are you using and what service pack is it at?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    When Rover tells you it can't find the plug in it means that it is having comm issues with the device. Number one thing to do when having Lon comm issues is check the link resistance, if it is not 50 to 70 ohms steady you have wiring issues.
    Gomer

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    544
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Back at the school today

    Rover version: 6.00.0884 Service Pack 1

    I'm leaning against a wiring issue at this stage of the game. I'm talking to all the other Comm4 & Comm5 devices in the building, this is the only one that's keeping quiet at the moment.

    Forgot to mention this last week, the Service LED is giving me 1 red blink every few seconds. Working on figuring that code out right now.

    #1, Gomer: Thank you!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    SE Wisconsin
    Posts
    544
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Alrighty, I got it.

    Not entirely sure how I did it but I did it! Nothing like a little P*M to brighten a Monday.

    Somehow, there was a Neuron ID that was linked to a controller that didn't exist anywhere in the system. Must have been a deleted board or someone did a sloppy job of replacing one. I ended up letting the system do an automatic fix and it cleared out the "rogue" NID.

    Once I got that figured out, boards actually started talking much better after that.

    Thanks again for the assistance!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    27
    Post Likes
    Great, I don't like doing a rebuild willy nilly for any little problem (kind of a last resort)but sounds like you had it figured out. I tend to be pretty anal about my nueron id's when I build the system, but sometimes you run into ones that the person before you was not as careful. The BCU tends to get bogged down trying to talk to that rogue nueron id and can look like other things, that why I suggested the ohm check, tends to get lost in the dash to fix it.
    Gomer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR