Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    I guess a chicken rocket isn't a beer can, so that doesn't count. Based on your other post elsewhere, a chicken rocket is on its way to my house. Anxious to try it on my cheap Webber. I might see how Tatonka Dust tastes on a bird since I finally gave in and ordered me something of that as well. ETA should be about the same.

Merry Christmas to Me...

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

2. Likes under pressure liked this post
    in a service van down by the river...........
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    I guess a chicken rocket isn't a beer can, so that doesn't count. Based on your other post elsewhere, a chicken rocket is on its way to my house. Anxious to try it on my cheap Webber. I might see how Tatonka Dust tastes on a bird since I finally gave in and ordered me something of that as well. ETA should be about the same.

Merry Christmas to Me...

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
    BUSTED!!!..............Never say Never I guess...... What I noticed about the Rocket, The liquid actually Boils while cooking. I credit to to being made of Cast Iron. It absorbs a lot of heat when over direct heat.... I bruise a whole Lemon by rolling it around on the counter and stab it a few times with a fork, then use it to plug the top opening of the bird to help keep the steam trapped inside the Bird...

Looking forward to your upcoming report and photos........................Merry Christmas!!!
    It's All about Heat.............................to a degree

Post Likes
    i like to give them a soak in italian dressing before cooking and cover the top with shredded cheddar close to them being done they can be baked that way too and turn out real nice

Post Likes
    oh and i almost forgot balsamic vinegar is another excellent marinade while your at it throw a few portabella caps in to and grill them good for sandwiches or slice them and add to the chicken when its done

Post Likes
    Weber Rotisserie kit, and indirect cooking.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by madhat View Post
    Weber Rotisserie kit, and indirect cooking.
    Best answer if your cooking a whole bird on a weber or anything else, or use the beer can method.

Other wise watch your heat, at 450 should get two quarter turns a side. But, a thermometer is your best bet pull off 5-10 degrees before and let rest.
    I've unfortunately, grilled ten's of thousands chx breasts, steaks, and ribs. That maybe a conservative number, might be in the hundreds of thousands that's depressing, and I kindof miss the pace.

Edit: Maybe its cause it's what I learned on, but a flattop grill; can get them at lowes now. Makes a a superior sear on most everything, unless your looking to smoke the meats. And yeah, a cap and some water can breath life back into your dry chicken
    Last edited by mattc183; 03-12-2016 at 09:59 PM.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes, which can be made, in a very narrow field. - Niels Bohr

Post Likes
    Low and slow with the bone in... can't go wrong.

Always use a high quality meat thermometer to check for done-ness.

Post Likes
    Some More Deboned Wings- Some with Mac and Cheese some with regular stuffing---Marinated in Greek Yogurt --then rolled in Panko
    Attached Images Attached Images    

10. Likes kamersoutdoor liked this post
    Post Likes
    I used to cook my way thru hs and college. Sear outside for 30-90 seconds, then move to low/medium heat until firm to touch. Initial sear time depends on which marinade used. Oil based marinade will insulate the meat and need longer, dry rubs need less, sugar based will need less.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Chicken With a beer!

This may sound like a joke, but it is delicious! Place the chicken on the top of a beer can (the opening of the beer can need to be inside of the chicken), grill the beer and chicken so the beer goes into the chicken. I do not have the permission to post link in the forum, so you need to Google it.

Post Likes
    To be perfectly honest, the best chicken I've ever grilled, at least indoors is on the George foreman grill. I think any thing that grills it simultaneously (Both sides) should work just as good. I did enjoy the fat draining tray feature through. Throw a nice chicken breast or two with some asparagus and you're good to go. I got mine like 5 years ago so I'm sure they are cheaper now. Hopefully they are till around - ha!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrdworkingacguy View Post
    1/4 cup each of kosher salt and brown sugar to 3/4 gallon of water. Bring to a Boil, Add fresh thyme and a pound of ice to cool it off...soak bone in chicken overnight to 24 hours.

Grill on med-high just to get marks baste with BBQ sauce...move to indirect heat until they are done 165 degrees.

Brine for chicken makes it almost impossible to dry out...
    Really good advice, missed it first time I read thread. I like to use pickle juice for chx, even though I don't like pickles. Got a jar of spicy maple bourbon pickles I'm actually eating plain now cause it's delicious a and wanna try on some chx. Thinking I may just dump the pickles out next time, if it is good. But don't leave in a brine more than 3-4 hrs other than that excellent recommendation and advice true.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes, which can be made, in a very narrow field. - Niels Bohr

Post Likes

Good Food, Good Life!

With good food, one requires good health. It should be Kept in mind that one should eat only to live and not live to eat.
    In this world of fast and advanced busy life, it is not possible for all to avoid outside food. The more one has this outside food; the more health consequences occur to him. To avoid any fatal health consequences, one should always maintain his health and fitness. But the question arises how? Having an expensive gym membership isn't the only way. You can download health and fitness apps on your Android phone and start maintaining yourself according to it. You may think how to know about the best fitness apps! Well, here comes the solution. Android Phone users can check out about these Best Health and Fitness Apps from our website itself!

16. Dislikes ECtofix disliked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast