Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Exclamation Hio, Guys - NOT Sure what to do with this Issue ?__?

OK, I had the Electrical all gone thru and Additional Grounds Installed and a New Sub Panel Installed --
    Upon Our Home A/C Up Grade . Wire going to A/C Supply had a 60 Amp for the Old Unit as it was
    Reverse Refrig. Unit . SEER13 with Heating and needed 60 amps , so Wiring is a Larger Gauge .

200 amp system in Home - which also had it all gone through and Replaced a Bad Neutral and it has .465 Dia. Leads from Meter ..

New 4 Ton Trane - 2 Stage - Single Compressor .. SEER 17_18 just A/C Trane states use 45 Amp Max - which We did .
    28 Amp is Min. so could have used 30 amp which We did NOT Use ..

I see the Bathroom or Living room Lights Dim for 1/4 sec. when this New Unit goes to Stage 2 ?
    Anyone Else experiencing this ?
    Is this Normal ?

Seeing the Unit is already running and the Air/Handler which is on a different Circuit is already running .

A/C already on _ Goes to _ Stage 2 On _ Dims Lights ..

Anyone have anything on this or about this or any Recommendations . .
    Thank You

Post Likes
    Have your technician check the condensing unit. It may benefit from some start components.
    AOP Rules: Rules For Equipment Owners.

Free online load calculator: http://www.loadcalc.net/

There = not here. Their = possessive pronoun. They're = they are
    It's = contraction of it is. Its = the possessive form of it
    Too = also. To = expressing motion. Two = 2
    Then = after that, next. Than = indicates a comparison.
    Questions should end with a question mark "?" Statements end with a period "."

3. Likes darctangent liked this post
    Post Likes
    OK - Call the Technician . . . Really

NOT looking for DIY - How about the electrical Draw Spec's on a 4ton Unit - 2 stage - Single Scroll compressor ..
    Is It Normal for the Fan to Kick on the vary Sec. the Stage 2 starts , seems it could Kick in 1.5-2 seconds After ..that Electrical Request .

Not that the Fan is very much but seems it would be less Stress on the electrical of Folks Homes .
    Shouldn't these Built in Capacitors have ( Starting Boost Engineered Into the Unit )

If the Scroll Compressor is already in Stage 1 for 9 min. _ seems like it would be already Spinning ?

Maybe : HOW STUFF WORKS would be in order . . .

Post Likes
    A Few Pic's of My Wood Work : Enjoy
    http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/Cu...0Design?sort=3

Post Likes
    Her's a Newer Hot Water Tank - Hybrid !
    http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/Cu...ml?sort=9&o=11

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    A Few Pic's of My Wood Work : Enjoy
    http://s1263.photobucket.com/user/Cu...0Design?sort=3
    Nice work Q.

We are saying, get a tech to look at it to solve it or own it. It may just need a boost for second stage. Hard starts are generally add-ons. Example being a no bleed TXV added to a recip compressor. Recips don't like to start against high pressure. Second stage is gonna require an in rush of current to get cooking.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Yeah , I get it , But I'm also looking at the House Circuits to see If there is something else going on .
    Yard has been needing a few Tree removals for some time , had to do it 80 ft. and white pines Dropping Limbs everywhere .
    Been Busy but will do some more Testing .

In another Note maybe I should start a New Thread _ Humidity Control seems to worse then older Unit .

1. Tried an Increase in stage II Delta Off _ Wider Spread of 2 degrees , it was 1 Degree .
    2. Tried moving the Force to Stage II it was SET @ 50 min. - New Setting 35 min. _ Helped some .
    3. Tried to Lower Air Speed when shutting down to Keep Ice on the Condenser .

This is What I'm seeing as soon as the Stage 1 comes back on Line with In 2 Min. Humidity goes from 62% up to 69%
    I have Increase the Insulation in Home to R50 , I found 3 good size Leaks in Basement - Fixed those and Installed New Tight Basement Windows.
    Insulated Full Basement Perimeter - Freeze Boards - with Hard Poly Broad to Stop Moisture & Heat ..

Before this Humidity would run 65% up to 71%

I'm Finding the only Way to Get Humidity down to 56% is to Turn Off the Unit - it sets for 2 -3 hours and then System seems to get a longer
    Stage 2 and most likely Dumped some Water down the Drain _ During the Shut Down - Only then after a few of these Type Runs .
    the Reading is 56%. (( If It doesn't Shut Down the System Simply Doesn't Dump any Water ! ))

Very Interesting Side Note _ After Months of Testing Just Using Stat vs Shut down to , Thaw , Drain , Restart .. the Restarting Method 2-3 hours Rest Period _ is Using much less Electricity _ Just the Opposite of what the stage II or Run all the Time Process is Suppose to Do ..
    ??_______________?? What's Up with That . .

Seems this Mother Broad is really only set up for Arizona . .

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rc811002 View Post
    Nice work Q.

We are saying, get a tech to look at it to solve it or own it. It may just need a boost for second stage. Hard starts are generally add-ons. Example being a no bleed TXV added to a recip compressor. Recips don't like to start against high pressure. Second stage is gonna require an in rush of current to get cooking.
    Thought he said it was the 2 stage scroll compressor.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    you need a service tech onsite with a amp meter to find your problem with the light dimming .as or the humidity control sounds like your new unit is way to big or not setup properly ,ask the installer how he determined the size
    Go Trump

Post Likes

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by catmanacman View Post
    you need a service tech onsite with a amp meter to find your problem with the light dimming .as or the humidity control sounds like your new unit is way to big or not setup properly ,ask the installer how he determined the size

It's a 2 Stage Single Scroll, XR17 , rated 49000 BTU's
    the Air Handler is a Matched the Condenser is a little over rated .. to Max Air Flow .

As soon as Stage 2 Lowers the Humidity I shut it down and don't run it till the Temp in the Home
    climbs 3 degrees or so which is 2-3 hours sometimes 4 hours , sometimes 1.5 hours , depending on how warm it is outside . I also run the Humidity 40 Pinter in the Basement when needed .

That said I use to have to run 2 of those and I'm down to 1 after the Improvements and don't
    need to run it often . There are only 2 - 6 inch round runs in basement and I have then shut down - they may leak out 3 cu ft a min. each ..

Our Back back room ( The Laundry room _ Off of Garage ) is Not cooling as well , as We have the
    Damper Installed - Partially closed to send up stairs - which is doing a better job then the Old system which was rated 1100 Cu Ft a Min. and only had 1 return .
    Now were at 1600 Cu. Ft. Min. , but I believe they set it 1 set down to Medium Fast , Not High Or High Fast .., so it doing about 1455 Cu. Ft. and it has 2 Large returns . .

I feel 62% Humidity is to High _ Little along 69-71% If I just let run off the Stat ..
    Even If I adjusted the Stat to Force the Cooling Unit to Turn on every 20 Mi. - it still has No Shut Down Time _ to Thaw & Drain the Moisture ?_?

Now If the Stat had an Infinite Number of Settings I could Bump it up then Down , then Up gain etc. , But the Program only has 4 setting _ I ramp the Temp Down , then Down , then Up it will stop , BUT only once as soon as it has met the Temp Game Over . .

Hence the Manually Shutting to Down and letting Home Raise Up then Kicking it on , so I get Several Thaw Cycles !

Post Likes
    it still has No Shut Down Time _ to Thaw & Drain the Moisture
    If the coil is freezing up, something is wrong.
    Contractor locator map

Post Likes
    It must have to much Gas in it then , cause as soon as stage 1 comes on with 2 min. the Humidity Stats Climbing ..
    I able to stand there and watch go Up . . . ( Where does the Water Suppose to Collect ) and don't they all
    form some Ice ?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by QualityAssure View Post
    It must have to much Gas in it then , cause as soon as stage 1 comes on with 2 min. the Humidity Stats Climbing ..
    I able to stand there and watch go Up . . . ( Where does the Water Suppose to Collect ) and don't they all
    form some Ice ?
    Could be over or under charged. The water collects on the evap coil an then runs into the drain pan, and out the drain line. No, they are not suppose to form any ice on them.
    Contractor locator map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast