Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Likes

Mini split geo system

Looking for a heat pump geo condenser that can run two floor units and two ducted units 36000 btu's. Four 9000. Looked around and didn't find any systems.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    I don't think there is any such product as a mini-split geothermal unit. Unless something has changed recently, the Aqua products units are sold as a "geothermal alternative" but they are air source units.

Something worth looking at might be the DC Inverter chiller heat pumps made by Chiltrix. Evidently these units have cooling and heating efficiency similar to geothermal and can heat as low as -13F according to their published specs. It's a mini-split design, has some really thin euro style indoor room fan coil units.
    http://www.chiltrix.com

Post Likes
    We have used multi aqua before.
    http://www.multiaqua.com/
    They have wall heads, ceiling 4 ways and more. You just need a water to water unit and then run chilled or heated water to the wall heads. They are noisy, they are big and they are expensive, but its kinda a mini split geo :-)
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    This chiltrix system looks very interesting,I'll be contacting them on monday for more information.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    We have used multi aqua before.
    http://www.multiaqua.com/
    .... but its kinda a mini split geo :-)
    Multiaqua is a good product but actually those units are also air source, not geo - similar to chiltrix but lower efficiency.

Post Likes
    Called chiltrix found out that they just started handing these systems. Their from Europe and hopefully their going to send me more info. Have some concerns about claimed efficiency and no track record in the states.

Post Likes
    Climatemaster makes a split water source heat pump as well as Waterfurnace. Carrier rebrands the Climatemaster and sells the exact same unit.

These systems are great for replacing existing central heat and air systems. The air handler will go the same place as the original equipment. If you go with the carrier unit, you can use their high end air handler, and can even use a gas furnace as backup.

The condensing unit can go in the same place as the original air cooled unit. It is so straight forward and simple. In many cases, you can even use the same line sets, electrical, and pad. I really like this for a retrofit of an air cooled condenser.

The downside of the split geo systems in that you loose some efficiency over the self contained systems that have no refrigerant lines outside of the unit. However, with the self contained systems, you have to bring the water (coolant) lines into the house. This can be a real pain when the air handler in in the center of the house (as a well designed system should be). When running the water lines into the house, there are also losses added to the circulation system. But these losses disappear in the efficiency ratings because the geo systems don't include the water circulation costs in their calculations.

The cost of a retrofit with a split geo system is only slightly higher than replacemet wit

Post Likes
    http://dvmdownload.com/dvm-s-water/

Check out this Samsung unit that pipes right to mini-split heads

Carrier is no longer ClimateMaster, they have switched over to Bosch

Post Likes
    That Samsung is nice looking. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I really like the ClimateMaster units, so I hate that they have switched. I know that Bosch is a good brand, but I have never looked into their Geo Units.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by t5800512 View Post
    That Samsung is nice looking. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I really like the ClimateMaster units, so I hate that they have switched. I know that Bosch is a good brand, but I have never looked into their Geo Units.
    I think Bosch units are formerly Florida heat pump units.

Last I heard the water source samsung DVM were not available yet.

Post Likes
    Yes Bosch used to be FHP. Carrier has an ownership interest in Bosch so that's where that came from

Samsung water unit is available in 3PH and 1PH on the way

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by servicefitter View Post
    Called chiltrix found out that they just started handing these systems. Their from Europe and hopefully their going to send me more info. Have some concerns about claimed efficiency and no track record in the states.
    ServiceFitter, did you ever receive info from ChilTrix? Would love to hear your perspective. If they can cite substantial long-term results in Europe, I'd be very interested. Not so interested in being a pilot-study guinea pig, though, especially since I've heard the HVAC, roofing and other companies basically make a sport of exaggerating their respective figures.

Thank you!
    GES74

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast