Post Likes

Confused Building Control Emulator

is there such a thing as a Building control emulator? Where you can program a system and monitor the effects without being connected to a controller?

Post Likes
    Johnson Controls CCT has a simulation mode. Powerful and complex.

Post Likes
    Is there any cheap or free software?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bztubaman View Post
    Is there any cheap or free software?
    Your dreaming...

is there such a thing as a Building control emulator? Where you can program a system and monitor the effects without being connected to a controller?
    What do you mean by monitor the effects? Just see what the I/O will do with simulated inputs? Sure, but it typically comes with the programming software so you would have it if you develop for XYZ controller. Not all OEMs have this.

If you mean see what happens with simulated equipment + cheap and free, not going to happen. I'm know the PLC world has this type of simulation software, but it sure as hell ain't cheap unless your definition of cheap includes 5+ digits....
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    try nuclearpowersimulator.com

Post Likes
    Something like this? http://www.automatedlogic.com/eikon-for-educators/%20/

7. Likes druidsis liked this post.
    Post Likes
    The biggest hurdle to the kind of emulator you're describing is that it would require an accurate, detailed statistical model to predict how a change to a sequence might impact the space. A physics-based model would be better-suited and more adept for something like this. Such modeling software doesn't exist commercially, as far as I know. Academic researchers would probably be the biggest users right now.

Post Likes
    Interesting post. I'm a supermarket tech and many of our stores use Danfoss EMS controllers. They run all the refrigeration, HVAC and lighting for the store.

You can download the AKA65 software for FREE and once you save a database via the USB port you can run a store using the Simulator tool in the software.

The only cost for me was buying a Windows 7 based used laptop.

You can literally build an entire store on the Simulator, including all refrigeration rack circuits, all HVAC RTU units and lighting control.

There is a custom program option called Calculations. For example, one can custom program at what temp and speed one wants the entrance air curtains to run at. And once the calculation is written it can be proven to work on the Simulator. That way there's no guess work hoping the program will work.

The best learning tool for learning that controller other than learning them on the job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "It's not that I'm so smart, I just spend more time with problems." Albert Einstein

Post Likes
    Yeah very interesting question. Seems a lot of the OEM automation companies offer something that comes with the package they use for controls. Siemens Insight has a soft controller you can use to emulate a panel and funny enough we often use the soft controller to make real world changes. It's a great place to house PPCL without chewing up memory on a real panel.