Post Likes

High Entering water temps

I have an asymetrical ground loop with 6 200' deep loops. I'm getting high incoming water temps 100+. I have 2 Bosch SM036 Units installed. I have a B&D non pressurized pump pack with 4 pumps (2 for each unit). I am getting 9GPM flow rates FYI. They were running for about 2 days after initial startup ok. Then we found air in the loops. The well company re-purged them and got a bunch of air out. Long story short I think the loops are tapped out hot. How long can it take too cool the ground? Or any ideas to help. Thanks.

Post Likes
    9 GPM is good for maybe 3 - Tons

How much equipment is on these loops?

Post Likes
    Just the two SM036 that I mentioned in the post.

Post Likes
    Are you get 9GPM per unit or 9 GPM total? With two pumps per 3 ton unit I show you should be getting close to 15 GPM if they are UP26-99 pumps, and that is 15 GPM PER UNIT/Pump Pack(also known as a flow center)

Personally I am not a fan on non pressurized systems, but thats just me.

Also with that loop you should not be seeing 100+ degree temps unless something is not grouted properly. It is standard to drill a 200' well per ton of capacity, you have two 3 ton units and you have 6 loops so 6 tons of capacity(if installed properly in proper ground conditions)

Chances are the water is hot coming in because it is not flowing properly so your ground really isn't heated up, its just giving you a false positive due to the air.

Where are you located?
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyHeating View Post
    Are you get 9GPM per unit or 9 GPM total? With two pumps per 3 ton unit I show you should be getting close to 15 GPM if they are UP26-99 pumps, and that is 15 GPM PER UNIT/Pump Pack(also known as a flow center)

Personally I am not a fan on non pressurized systems, but thats just me.

Also with that loop you should not be seeing 100+ degree temps unless something is not grouted properly. It is standard to drill a 200' well per ton of capacity, you have two 3 ton units and you have 6 loops so 6 tons of capacity(if installed properly in proper ground conditions)

Chances are the water is hot coming in because it is not flowing properly so your ground really isn't heated up, its just giving you a false positive due to the air.

Where are you located?

Well contractor is drilling new loops. They f'ed up just like I suspected.

Post Likes
    I'm curious why you don't like non-pressurized pump packs. Thanks.

Post Likes
    Your hot incoming water problem made me think about hot summer increase in water temp. Your problem seems pretty sever but maybe for other people why not buy very cheap (200.00) 5 to 10 gpm water chillers. You know the ones for drinking fountains. They run on like 2 amps and you could run them off a thermostat/relay on the incoming water line. They chill the water to 50 degrees. If say your system had 65 degree incoming water with a mixer valve of 50 it could theoreticly 57.5 degrees and you would only need to run it at the hottest part of the year and only during the heat of the day....