So out at my parents house tonight, because they called me for no-cooling.

<begin troubleshooting><rant-on>
3-Ton WaterFurnace Envision, Evap's been replaced once already, they had the unit lockout once this spring with a 'Low water flow' fault, which from previous experience told me that it was probably low on refrigerant. They had a spring checkup due with the installing contractor (which I was present for), and they checked the air temperature split and water pressures and temps and said it was all fine.

Fast forward to today (2 months later, +/-), I go over for to see if I can get the unit running, zone board has 3 zones calling, outputs Y1, Y2, and G are made on the equipment outputs on the zone panel, but the unit's not doing anything. Green status light is flashing normally. I cycle power a couple times, and get the same response, manually jumper the G to R, still no action, so I look closer. I see that a couple IC's have released their magic smoke due to water running down the board because the installing contractor (presumably) cracked the drain pan when they replaced the evap under warranty. Grrr... My parents have a spare board from when the zone panel was hit by lightning, so I put that in, and the system comes to life, water loop pump, fan, and compressor come on, several seconds later I hear the compressor switch to full capacity and the blower ramp up. We leave the lower compartment door off the unit, and swing the control box out of the unit to keep it out of the rain from the leaking drain pan.

About an hour later, the space is not getting any cooler, so I go down and check, getting maybe a 10 degree temp split across the air coil, so I grab the suction line to the compressor, it feels 'warm' to the touch, and little to no condensate coming out of the drain. So I put my amp clamp on the compressor, 7 amps out of the 16.6 FLA, and I look deeper into the cabinet and see that the TXV is frosting over.... Damn, I'm guessing another evap coil has bought the farm (or there's a leak somewhere else in the system). I doubt its a bad TXV, as I'd expect the compressor amps to be high from high head pressure.
</rant></troubleshooting>

So with all the air-source manufacturers making the switch to aluminum evap coils to deal with the leakers, has WaterFurnace made the leap yet? This problem comes just about 14 months shy of the end of the 10-yr warranty, so it should be covered, and I hope that they'll replace the smoked board and drain pan as well, which I believe may have gotten cracked when they replaced the evap coil last time...

Just waiting for it to lock out on low refrigerant pressure next, hopefully they'll get the installing contractor out tomorrow to at least add some refrigerant, find the leak, and repair or order the stuff to get it fixed (for the last time?).