Post Likes

Anti-condensation coatings

We created 2 anti-condensation coatings, No Sweat-FX and No Sweat Spray that prevent condensation on cold air ducts, diffusers, pipe fittings, condensate drip pans, and other cold or multi-temperature surfaces. Data sheets and pictures are on the Robson Thermal Mfg. Ltd. website.

Post Likes
    I dont want burst your bubble, but we usually use the canned rubberized undercoating spray available from auto parts stores. So why is your stuff better?

Post Likes
    You're not bursting my bubble at all. The rubberized spray you are talking about works only in the mildest conditions, and even then there is still some condensation, plus it can't be used anywhere food is being stored or handled, and it is flammable. No engineer would ever specify or knowingly allow that product for use as an anti-condensation coating.

No Sweat-FX is non-toxic and food grade, non-flammable, and specified by engineers, the US Navy, Canadian Navy, IBM, ABB, Consolidated Edison, General Electric, City of New York, City of Hong Kong, and many others who tested it and use it to prevent condensation under all conditions. No Sweat Spray is similar to No Sweat-FX but it is solvent based and isn't food grade.

Post Likes
    Can you coat an entire cooling coil with it so that you don't need a drain pipe?

I'm really just kidding, but I do have a remolding job going on right now at a hotel where the ceiling guys tore out the ceilings and want to raise them right up against the bottom of the fan coil units that are in there. The drain piping needs to go about 15-20 feet over with absolutely no pitch (and in some spots actually going up-hill). I'm trying to tell them that it wont work, but they don't believe me. If I could just spray down the cooling coils with your magic stuff, that might be just the ticket.

Post Likes
    You could spray the cooling coils with No Sweat-FX and it would stop condensation, but it might reduce the cooling efficiency of the coils. I don't know if it would be a noticeable reduction because it's never been done before. No Sweat-FX has almost zero thermal insulation value so it shouldn't have much impact, but I just don't know what the impact would be.

What if you put a big drain pan under the unit with the highest possible sides all around and big enough to catch and hold all of the condensation, and a drain hole in the cormer of the pan where the drain pipe will drop down? You could paint the exterior surfaces of the drain pan with No Sweat-FX and insulate the drain pipe with pipe insulation. But the drain pan would have to slope enough to drain all the water out of it on an ongoing basis. If there isn't constant drainage and water is sitting in the drain pan all the time, it would create a mold problem.

Post Likes
    Where can i buy some and how much?

Post Likes
    Since we don't have any distributors in the USA you can buy direct from our factory in Delta, BC, Canada. Price depends on quantity and where it's being shipped. But generally speaking the price is about US$68.00 for a 1 gallon pail of white No Sweat-FX, and US$18.00 for a 15 ounce aerosol spray can of No Sweat Spray. Delivery is extra. If you send me an email (robo@robsonthermal.com) to advise how many gallons of No Sweat-FX, how many aerosol spray cans of No Sweat Spray, and a delivery address, I'll quote the exact price including delivery.

Post Likes
    Since we don't have any distributors in the USA you can buy direct from our factory in Delta, BC, Canada. Price depends on quantity and where it's being shipped. But generally speaking the price is about US$68.00 for a 1 gallon pail of white No Sweat-FX, and US$18.00 for a 15 ounce aerosol spray can of No Sweat Spray. Delivery is extra. If you send me an email (robo@robsonthermal.com) to advise how many gallons of No Sweat-FX, how many aerosol spray cans of No Sweat Spray, and a delivery address, I'll quote the exact price including delivery.

Post Likes
    I'm a little confused on how this works. I only went to trade school but how exactly does this stuff work? If it doesn't impede thermal conductivity then how could it prevent water formation? Hot humid air passing across cooler surface condenses air and water forms. Is it some odd chemical make up that doesn't allow h20 bonding?

10. Dislikes Ray7129 disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1451273076453.jpg
Views: 4308
Size:  146.9 KB

They have been selling this at the local supply house here for 30 years. I've used it in a few situations. It works. I wouldn't try to insulate a plenum with it.

Sent from my Note3, using, Crapatalk
    "If you can’t describe what you are doing as a process, you don’t know what you are doing." ~ W. Edwards Deming

All those who wander..are not lost.

Do NOT..mistake my kindness for weakness.

The early bird may get the worm..but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Robson Thermal View Post
    You could spray the cooling coils with No Sweat-FX and it would stop condensation, but it might reduce the cooling efficiency of the coils. I don't know if it would be a noticeable reduction because it's never been done before.
    Seriously?

Might reduce...might reduce it to a pile of scrap metal is my guess.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/