Post Likes

Question Evaporator coil match to Furnace

Was looking for a confirmation on an Evaporator coil match to my furnace.

Had a HVAC technician come in who indicated that the drain pan under the evaporator coils must be cracked b/c when he had poured water into the pan, the water was not flowing to the p trap, but in the opposite direction. He indicated that it would make sense to replace the evaporator coil (I assume that this has not been replaced since originally installed; house is 12 yrs old).

From speaking with a company online, I was told that a Goodman 2.5 Ton 17 1/2" w Evaporator cased coil (R22) model # CAPRF3030B6 is a match to Goodman furnace model #:GMNT080-4. Will also be getting the TXV kit R22, model #TX3N2.

Was wondering if I could get a confirmation that this a correct match. In addition, is there anything else that should be purchased for the HVAC tech to install?

Thanks in advance

Post Likes
    Huh, replace the coil because the pan is cracked???? Something's wrong here.

Post Likes
    Its R-22 standard efficiency , would not worry if its an AHRI Match............Make sure you get a coil you can convert to R410A..........Pans can be replaced, but If I was pulling it to do a pan, I'd recommend the coil as well...........if not, as soon as you do the pan, the coil will leak a month later

Post Likes
    is there a way that I can confirm that the coil model number of CAPRF3030B6 that I would purchase in a match to the furnace in the house (model GMNT080-4)? what needs to be done to convert to R410A?

Post Likes
    2.5 Ton... coil you match the coil to the AC not the furnace this coil will do 410 and 22 what is the model of the AC

Post Likes
    The model that the HVAC tech provided me to request the proper 2.5 ton evaporator coil was GMNT080-4 along with the serial number. Was looking to reduce the overall cost of the supplies while still using the HVAC company to install

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by dharvey28 View Post
    The model that the HVAC tech provided me to request the proper 2.5 ton evaporator coil was GMNT080-4 along with the serial number. Was looking to reduce the overall cost of the supplies while still using the HVAC company to install
    You need to know the model of the AC as well- that furnace will do up to 4 Tons (-4) not much of a tech....why would the tech have you do the parts research?

Post Likes
    after doing a quick search I saw that the evaporator cased coils were considerably less expensive compared to the $ in the service proposal. I asked what the model number of the cased coil was; I was told that he did not have the model # handy but he provided the furnace # and indicated that I could call a goodman distributor to get a coil product number from them.