Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Likes
    I use r22 nothing like green air. Then I show homeowner the sludge and tell them the house is contaminated and itll be 4990$ to kill the mold. And sale a uv light. Isn't that how most people do it

Post Likes
    Some friends of mine are liability lawyers. Early in their careers they got a case in regard to a bad vehicle accident involving a mixed van load of loose workers and loose landscaping equipment. The leg of one of the workers was amputated in the accident. That case, still to this day, and likely forever after; is known as: The Leggoff Case.

PHM
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by rc811002 View Post
    Sounds so much better than cutting a leg off....
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

Post Likes
    I use a sludge sucker but a Waterhouse works best just push water up pipe until you get a good head on it and release. Clean water will flow causing a vacuum and pull all kinds of gunk out behind it.

Post Likes
    Spray water and flush it out. Then put a drain pad in it that will last two weeks. If installer did proper job and tech isn't too lazy should be a clean out if there isn't install one. But flushing with water works best for me. If it gets that bad that the line itself is clogged up it hasn't been serviced in a long time or serviced correctly. If in closet let homeowner know she will save another call if they will pour bleach in it. But I'm sure everyone loves the easy call that they can upsell and scare the homeowner with all that sludge. I'm jk BTW if it's a clogged drain I'd offer a float switch advise is person is able to flush with water periodically n pour bleach. They appreciate things to save them money especially when they see it helps them. Guess who they'll call when its replacement time?? The honest guy who didn't charge $300 for stopped up drain and gave advice and it never stopped up again. And if it did they know what to do. Good word of mouth goes a long way too but I haven't dealt with outrageous overhead.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAINIK View Post
    Shop vac at the outlet, if I couldn't blow it out with my mouth.
    $100 if of could be blown out by mouth, $150 if I need to run back to my truck and get my tools

Post Likes
    I take one of those rubber stoppers that come with pressurized coils, stick it in the primary pan outlet, cap off the tee if there is one, then use the shop vac on the outlet of the drain line. For gummed up drains, I spray some coil cleaner in the trap to break it up.

Post Likes
    Take A Look At This http://youtu.be/l6PsgVfbkog

Visit http://allaccessdevice.com/ ALL-ACCESS MODEL AA1 Cleanout Device

8. Likes Caleb Brunson liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by soaker View Post
    Take A Look At This
    Uh, but that requires purchasing a product that you're pitching.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ICanHas View Post
    Uh, but that requires purchasing a product that you're pitching.
    YES or if a qualified A/C company asking for a sample.

Post Likes
    You didn't read the thread title, which says WITHOUT pressurizing.
    You're just spam advertising this product:

Post Likes
    Install the trap at the bottom of the drain line and for every 2.31 ft of height you get 1 lb of pressure = self cleaning trap.

Post Likes

A trap that can be cleaned without pressure or tools

I like a Rectorseal EZT205 for an accessible trap with clear tubing for visibility and a purpose made brush. This model also has a removable Form C float switch and a 72" detachable cable. There is a less expensive model (EZT105) without the switch and cable.

An alarm can be wired to the N/O side with a compressor interlock on the Y (or other signal) using the N/C side.

Customers will actually clean these because they can see issues and can access without tools.

Name:  ezt205 new model 1.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  26.7 KB
    RJ
    Quality Remains Long After the Price is Forgotten

14. Likes lytning liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by CHAINIK View Post
    Shop vac at the outlet, if I couldn't blow it out with my mouth.
    X2
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

Find your local HVAC-Talk Contractor: http://hvac-talk.com/aop

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast