Post Likes

TRANE Mini split (Error code 6) Help!

Hey guys checking on a TRANE multi circuit mini split condenser #4TXM6536A1040BA. It feeds 3 fan coils #4MXW6512A10NOBO . It was recently installed by another tech that wired units up. He checked all control wires for each unit and they land on their designated spot. He was getting an ERROR 6 upon starting the fan coil. Error 6 states "communication error." I'm going to check on the unit tomorrow. What can cause an error 6 if the wiring is correct? I tried pulling the manual and can't find it online. Need help looking for the manual..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Junior1983 View Post
    Hey guys checking on a TRANE multi circuit mini split condenser #4TXM6536A1040BA. It feeds 3 fan coils #4MXW6512A10NOBO . It was recently installed by another tech that wired units up. He checked all control wires for each unit and they land on their designated spot. He was getting an ERROR 6 upon starting the fan coil. Error 6 states "communication error." I'm going to check on the unit tomorrow. What can cause an error 6 if the wiring is correct? I tried pulling the manual and can't find it online. Need help looking for the manual..
    Post those model numbers in the pro section and I bet you a million bucks that rundawg will have the books for you......

God help you if he does though.... cause im gonna be wanting that cash.....

I would go thru all his wiring from the panels to the units...... make sure that it is wired correctly according to the manuals and according to standard wiring practices.....
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Post those model numbers in the pro section and I bet you a million bucks that rundawg will have the books for you......

God help you if he does though.... cause im gonna be wanting that cash.....

I would go thru all his wiring from the panels to the units...... make sure that it is wired correctly according to the manuals and according to standard wiring practices.....
    He might only have to pay part of that bet, as I do have manuals on this system, but there are not fault codes in them.
    Instead of learning the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.

Post Likes
    I do but it'll be Mon before access.
    No matter how long you have been doing this,
    Go back and reread the Basic's.You WILL Learn something.
    Why is it called,an Act of GOD when IT has Nothing to do with Him?
    Will of the Devil would be more appropriate IMO.Just Saying.
    PSALMS, 18 & 25.
    I am Tired of High Efficiency Propaganda.

Post Likes
    Here are what I think are the most common problem that cause e6 error.
    Primary causes
    Must be size 14 wire stranded.
    do you have a condensate pump installed on these and are they wired correctly.
    If using the pump safety switch be sure to only break wiring on terminal #3.
    The units don't like having wire nuts twisted going to terminals #1 or #2.
    Aspen condensate pumps are supposed to be the pump Trane mostly recommends.
    Secondary causes.
    Too long of run
    Low voltage
    electronic component indoor or outdoor (internal wiring/plug loose or wire pinched)
    Main board ap1 or ap2

Post Likes
    Oh the good'ol E6 error code....
    Why I love these!!!! Most common error code that I've seen, even guys in office not in the field know that code lol!!!! I'm not in the pro department yet, so brief I'll be but just like GII522 said wire size and other components wires in series should be checked first. Wire size that I see more then ever are 12 gauge solid on LG and Mitsu. Prolly cause that's what's spec for the job. Reason for 12 gauge is electricians can't pass their final on line/high voltage wiring being smaller then 12 gauge even though unita prolly only pulling less then 2 amps 😶. But it works for short wire runs even up to 100. I've seen this. Also if this is the case then you'll have to find all Jboxes and take out the wire nuts and use buttconnector fittings. DC current travels around the AC current and wire nuts and larger size wiring break up the signal. I've had to bail out a few techs and my own butt for this same reason. Also a lot more things can come into play, since these monsters are very complicated. But it's a start hope this helps!!