Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I carry around a cheap 50k potentiometer from radio shack to test sensors and boards. Use meter to adjust kohms and hook it up and watch the value change on the controller when you rotate pot.

Post Likes
    Ran across a bad one last fall. Here is the note I made to myself to get it going until the replacement arrived:

"Off on code C06 open start circuit. Removed "P" wire from controller and installed jumper wire to hot side of contactor".

This allowed the unit to run on the pressure switch.

Hope this helps.

Post Likes

P1 with 135 Flashing on EUC and P1 Error Code only

Hi There,

Good day,

About the 135 psi flashing and P1 Error code flashing after 15 mins. This is due to the EUC energizing the the contactor coil, but for some reason the suction pressure stays at 135 PSI. Therefore the EUC will think that there must be something wrong with Suction Pressure Transducer and flashes the P1 Error code.

To solve this issue, please check the following:

1 = Check if there's any solid green compressor symbol on the upper left of the display. This indicates that the controller is powering your compressor.
    2 = If there is a green compressor symbol, verify the voltage at the contactor coil (blue wire is L2, red wire is L1).
    3 = If there is voltage and the contactor is not pulling, then the contactor is bad.
    4 = If the contactor is pulling but the compressor is still not running then check the starting components (for single phase) or check windings for 3 phase.

Additional Notes:

Normal Display = Suction Pressure = 135 PSI is the Max Suction Pressure reading
    Green Compressor Symbol = Indicates that the EUC is powering the contactor coil or the compressor (smaller units).

Additional P1 trouble shooting (with no 135 flashing)

1 = Pull the EUC out from the electrical box

2 = Check DC voltage of #9 and #11 terminals (red and black wire) on the GREEN Connector where the Suction Pressure Transducer is wired to.
    This is the supply voltage of the EUC to the transducer and the reading should be 5 volts DC or close.

3 = Check DC voltage on #11 and #12 terminals (black and blue wires) on the GREEN connector where the Suction Pressure Transducer is wired to.
    This is the voltage signal from the transducer back to the EUC. The reading should be 1 to 5 volts DC.

If there is no 5V DC supply to the transducer, replace the controller.
    If there is no 1-5VDC signal voltage, then replace the transducer.

Note: Pull the entire controller out to see the terminal numberings as these are located on top of the EUC. Do not be confused look closely.

Call 1-888-367-9950 (8AM-5PM EST) if you have any questions about the EUC.

Post Likes
    ^^^^ ^^^
    Let's give nukes a chance.

Post Likes
    Take out controller and replace with dual pressure control. Wire in, eliminate suction transducer....fan cycle if needed....no problem....

Oh god how many people will punch me for saying this LOL

6. Likes N2fords liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I agree with you UmmScott..the new digital stuff sucks..

8. Likes UmmScott liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by primmers View Post
    I agree with you UmmScott..the new digital stuff sucks..
    Well and honestly ya know...it all comes down to the customer...that's who we take care of.
    Am I going to order an expensive controller??
    Or can I fix their cooler right then and there with a common pressure switch.
    Customer is happy I'm happy, customer pays, recommends me to others for quick reliable service.....

I swear now a days if they wanna go digital that's fine, but half this crap is just NOT readily available

Post Likes
    or reliable.I have a Little Ceasers that has a norlake walkin, its on its 3rd controller in 5 years.

11. Likes UmmScott liked this post.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12