Post Likes

Change Station Name Tridium AX

I hope there is an easy solution for this. My customer wants to change the name of the station on his system. This is WEBS 3.8. Will I have to rebind all of the graphics and redo all the trends or can I just change the name? TIA

Post Likes
    It depends on what you want to change the name on. If you just want to change the name of the station on the web login page you can add a new slot to the web service somewhere, i will have to dig out my "how to" sheet.
    The station name is not changed so no messing around is needed but you can call it what you want on the login page. You can also add a custom jpeg image to it as well.

Post Likes
    Either way it's still easy as long as you have workbench. Just go to the station copier, there is an option to change it there. Here is the link to change the log in page as prtadko was describing.

https://community.niagara-central.co...g/BlogEntry/74

Post Likes
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Strange thing happened recently when I used station copier to change name of a site. After changing the name and rebooting when I opened the App. Director there were 2 stations on the Jace Old name and New name. New name was running but Old was not but was set to restart on failure, changed that. Everything was running fine on station, did not delete 2nd station. I know there is only 1 station allowed on a Jace but there were, are? 2.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmike2 View Post
    Strange thing happened recently when I used station copier to change name of a site. After changing the name and rebooting when I opened the App. Director there were 2 stations on the Jace Old name and New name. New name was running but Old was not but was set to restart on failure, changed that. Everything was running fine on station, did not delete 2nd station. I know there is only 1 station allowed on a Jace but there were, are? 2.
    Doc User says 2 are allowed if both are assigned to different Ethernet ports. Did you change Ethernet port address at same time?

Post Likes
    Just researching this topic. Is the station copier the best and only way to rename a station?

Post Likes
    You must make a station copier to change station name, no choice