Page 1 of 21 1234567811 ... LastLast
    Post Likes

Procter & Gamble is now Pro Gay

Having grown up in Cincinnati, Ohio in the 1960's & 1970's, I know this city used to be very conservative. Procter & Gamble was the main company in Cincinnati, and it too was very conservative. I can't believe how much things have changed in that P&G is now pro gay. This country is going downhill rapidly. The snowball seems to be gaining speed and size. Pat Buchanan was right in his speech at the 1992 Republican Convention when he said there is a religious war going on in America.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/big-busine...1--sector.html

2. Likes Roland D. liked this post
    Post Likes
    A lot of these businesses do what they always do, make business decisions. They see that public opinion has shifted towards gays and they look to cash in on it. Look at a lot of politicians, a few years ago they were against gay marriage, now that according to polls most Americans support it, now "miraculously" a lot of politicians now do too. As always when it comes to business and politicians follow the money and follow the votes. Of course, social conservatives like Buchanan and Santorum won't support it but many others will go where they think the votes are.

4. Likes captube liked this post
    Post Likes
    Yeah I remember when I was in the Army you would get 5 years at Ft Leavenworth and a DD if caught committing sodomy and you couldn't get a security clearance if found to be gay.

Clinton changed all that. You used to get 10 years in prison in TN for committing sodomy as in most Southern states. The Supreme Court struck those laws down.

Yeah the perverts and commies seem to be winning with perverts and commies in the WH and the SC. Nothing but garbage running and destroying our country. I try to avoid doing business with flagrantly pro gay companies say like Home Depot. Thank you, thank you very much

6. Likes Buttermere, Roland D. liked this post
    Dislikes eric1589, Jamerican disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Yeah I remember when I was in the Army you would get 5 years at Ft Leavenworth and a DD if caught committing sodomy and you couldn't get a security clearance if found to be gay.
    Only because it was a stigma and you could be blackmailed over it. Not so much now.

You couldn't get a clearance if you were highly in debt either.

You used to get 10 years in prison in TN for committing sodomy as in most Southern states.
    For hetero-sodomy too?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Of course, social conservatives like Buchanan and Santorum won't support it…
    Id like to see those two stand by their principles if they knew it would lead to their political demise.

Post Likes
    Polecats and businesses follow public opinion...

They were conservative when they thought it would garner votes and sales...
    Now they are liberal, thinking it will garner votes and sales.

IMO...
    We are at the far left point in 'vocal' public opinion... in reality REAL public opinion (the silent majority) is already swinging back to quasi-conservative.
    Funny how the vocal public opinion lags behind the silent majority opinion.

And as to the polls... we have discussed this many times:
    Polls say whatever the person paying for them wants them to say.
    Both of my grandfathers, as well as many other folks when I was growing up... said: Polls have always been for sale.
    Simple truth... yet folks are too busy jumping on the bandwagon of a soundbyte... to realize they are being played like a deck of cards.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Id like to see those two stand by their principles if they knew it would lead to their political demise.
    I think for all intents and purposes their political careers have demised. Their limited support mostly comes from the religious right. They for the most part will stick with it. Whether they really believe it or not, it will still always at least give them a spot at FOX and some other places.

Post Likes
    I think for all intents and purposes their political careers have demised. Their limited support mostly comes from the religious right. They for the most part will stick with it. Whether they really believe it or not, it will still always at least give them a spot at FOX and some other places.
    They may get a spot on Fox ONCE, but Fox is only interested in people like them--Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, etc. The people on Fox are not conservatives IMHO. IMHO they are republicans.

But my personal opinion is that it is now impossible for a country club republican to win the presidency. I guess we will find out if I am right.

Post Likes
    IMO it is too early to be making too many conclusions...

Having said that... GA is gonna make a few... <grin>

*Christie will not make it
    *Santorum will not make it
    *Carla Fiorena will not make it
    *Trump will probably not make it... more on that below
    *IMO the GOP, at this point, is either Bush or Walker... unless a dark horse comes along and takes the crowd.
    Remember that just because I like the person... does NOT mean they are electable.
    Personally... I like Rick Perry... who I think will not make it either.
    My preference of someone that potentially IS electable: Walker

On Trump: IMO, based on current attitudes, if Trump got th GOP nomination, he may win (bad choice IMO though).
    Now if Trump runs third party... get ready for another DEM (probably not Hillary) potus.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    They may get a spot on Fox ONCE, but Fox is only interested in people like them--Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Paul Ryan, etc. The people on Fox are not conservatives IMHO. IMHO they are republicans.

But my personal opinion is that it is now impossible for a country club republican to win the presidency. I guess we will find out if I am right.
    Maybe, I actually confused Buchanan with Huckabee in my mind. Huckabee, a religious conservative has his own weekly show on FOX. I do think hard right media outlets like FOX often manage to find a place for many of those that are considered any kind of republican. Whether its Bush, Huckabee, Santorum, Palin, Paul etc.

There is an audience and therefore a buck to be made if you stick to the religious right platform. These guys are all carving out their own niche and following. A lot of these guys running for POTUS know they won't win but they will get recognition, notoriety, and likely be able to cash in on it as well.

Post Likes
    Some shameful hate speech in here. The company is not "pro gay" all of a sudden because they chose to recognize equal human rights a little late.

People and businesses bailing out of your religious war is NOT the same as anyone waging one against you. Perhaps one day when you are a little older and wiser, you will look back on your own words and cringe and many people already do.

Your opinions will one day change as your intolerance is tolerated less and less by those around you. When you aren't living in a hate filled Echo chamber it becomes easier to view more then one opinion regurgitated repeatedly.

Just a picture to make you think.
    http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/5217549_f520.jpg

15. Dislikes glennac, Tool-Slinger disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eric1589 View Post
    Some shameful hate speech in here. The company is not "pro gay" all of a sudden because they chose to recognize equal human rights a little late.

People and businesses bailing out of your religious war is NOT the same as anyone waging one against you. Perhaps one day when you are a little older and wiser, you will look back on your own words and cringe and many people already do.

Your opinions will one day change as your intolerance is tolerated less and less by those around you. When you aren't living in a hate filled Echo chamber it becomes easier to view more then one opinion regurgitated repeatedly.

Just a picture to make you think.
    http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/5217549_f520.jpg
    Man you gay guys will do anything to justify your own behavior. Your first stop is to delude your mind with things that are false. Everything you just said is a lie.

17. Likes lions_lair liked this post
    Dislikes eric1589, Jamerican, wonderoona disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Maybe, I actually confused Buchanan with Huckabee in my mind. Huckabee, a religious conservative has his own weekly show on FOX. I do think hard right media outlets like FOX often manage to find a place for many of those that are considered any kind of republican. Whether its Bush, Huckabee, Santorum, Palin, Paul etc.

There is an audience and therefore a buck to be made if you stick to the religious right platform. These guys are all carving out their own niche and following. A lot of these guys running for POTUS know they won't win but they will get recognition, notoriety, and likely be able to cash in on it as well.
    Fox News is hard right? Fox News is Karl Rove type republicans. Karl Rove is on there more than anybody.

Page 1 of 21 1234567811 ... LastLast