+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Refridgeration question

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by natepickle View Post
    Hello

I have been doing HVAC for 5 yrs now and have been able to work on some refridgeration. A buddy of mine told me across the board refr. techs will make more than HVAC techs. I s this true? I have a opertunity to goto work for an refridg. company, what are yalls thoughts?
    If youv been in the field for 5 years you should have your RSES CM by then, if not then why not?
    Iv only been in the field for about 2 years but am about to get take my RSES T.I. III Test so i can take my CM.
    After you get that CM they have from what iv heard some hardcore refrigeration books and test and thats what im after that CMS in Refrigeration(someday)
    It seems to me your only in it for the money, and not because you love what you do. if you dont love what you do i dont think youd make it through the long hours reffer techs put it, but that depends on where you are to i suppose.
    My point being is that an employer is going to pay more for a tech who has invested there time and money to get that CMS in refrigeration than someone who just walks in wanting to becomea reffer tech.
    Now go ahead and call me an ******* to

Post Likes

you can use R-22

just not as low temp.... fill by sight then adjust the cro vaule at rated amps or a little less .5 amp do this with the doors open .......adjust the time clock defrost duration down to around 5 min,

compressor discharge temp ruins oil in low temp R-22

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by stomper56 View Post
    If youv been in the field for 5 years you should have your RSES CM by then, if not then why not?
    Iv only been in the field for about 2 years but am about to get take my RSES T.I. III Test so i can take my CM.
    After you get that CM they have from what iv heard some hardcore refrigeration books and test and thats what im after that CMS in Refrigeration(someday)
    It seems to me your only in it for the money, and not because you love what you do. if you dont love what you do i dont think youd make it through the long hours reffer techs put it, but that depends on where you are to i suppose.
    My point being is that an employer is going to pay more for a tech who has invested there time and money to get that CMS in refrigeration than someone who just walks in wanting to becomea reffer tech.
    Now go ahead and call me an ******* to
    ok *******. nobody said i wasnt getting certifications PUNK BOY I have a stack of them THEY RE GREAT FOR ShIOT PAPER put them all together and you have ,,, DING DING DING YES HE'S GOT IT JONNY............. A PILE OF SHIOT PAPER

Post Likes
    They are in several southern states. Keep in mind what thet are telling you about location;example: there are many people on this site that probably make a good bit more than me but ,where I live I make nearly twice the average income. A very nice home will run you $125000 to $150000, where in other places that same home would cost $300000 to $400000. It's not how much you make but how far what you make will take you. No I do not work for them, they offered but I was not interested in the OT and travel distance to their jobs. I work within 50 miles of home and come home every night. OT for me is about 5 to 8 hours on regular week and 20 on call week. I want the me time more than the OT. Many of their jobs are over 100 miles and you are on call 24/7 every week.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mdnbiker View Post
    Try this...if you are willing to move, call Virginia Refrigeration Inc. 800-798-9216. Don't know what state you will have to go but these people are begging for help and more OT than you will want. Tell the wife you will see them when you are burned out and used up. As far as pay goes I will say they pay about 1 1/2 times what the local HVAC guys make here.
    33 Supermarket service techs, (5 computer techs/ refrigeration mechanics),9 commercial install refrigeration mechanics,18 apprentices various years, 4 shop hands, Management team consists of 5 commercial mechanics and 12 staff.
    Top Money and bennifits, More hours than you will want, Lets see your Resume
    Make my day, wait its Thursday, make my week
    currently 55 refrigeration mechanics total

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frigeguy View Post
    33 Supermarket service techs, (5 computer techs/ refrigeration mechanics),9 commercial install refrigeration mechanics,18 apprentices various years, 4 shop hands, Management team consists of 5 commercial mechanics and 12 staff.
    Top Money and bennifits, More hours than you will want, Lets see your Resume
    Make my day, wait its Thursday, make my week
    currently 55 refrigeration mechanics total
    What are you talking about? with all that info , do you work for them? you are in Canada

Post Likes
    What are you talking about? with all that info , do you work for them? you are in Canada
    Ehhh yes sir, the Great White North
    And yes 25 years in commercial industrial refrigeration, mostly the supermarket industry. I watch about 300 supermarkets in a 100 mile radius. If you would like to call it work, I work for them. Mostly I try not to work, its more fun that way.

Post Likes
    I don't know you, and you may be the exception but I have to agree withan earlier post saying HVAC guys don't seem to do well in refrigeration. We are always looking for help and the HVAC guys we try out in a walk-in act like they have never seen a set a gauges, evap. or condensing unit in their life.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by frigeguy View Post
    Ehhh yes sir, the Great White North
    And yes 25 years in commercial industrial refrigeration, mostly the supermarket industry. I watch about 300 supermarkets in a 100 mile radius. If you would like to call it work, I work for them. Mostly I try not to work, its more fun that way.
    what about OT and nights away from home? I just want to increase my profitability to an employer while at the same time making my family more profitable. i like refrigeration vs HVAC ( i think ) been doing HVAC 5 yrs.

Just trying to make the crossover and trying to see if I can afford the pay cut while i learn.

Post Likes
    I don't know you, and you may be the exception but I have to agree withan earlier post saying HVAC guys don't seem to do well in refrigeration. We are always looking for help and the HVAC guys we try out in a walk-in act like they have never seen a set a gauges, evap. or condensing unit in their life.
    Dude i charde to superheat and subcool, need guages and a brain for that. I am well versed and practiced on refrigeration cycle. THE GUYS YOU ARE SPEAKING OF I CALL PARTS CHANGERS

Post Likes
    Looks like you got everything under control, which is good for a 5 year tech, so good luck. Since I'm only a 3 year tech and gotten some good offers you should have no problem.

Post Likes
    Looks like you got everything under control, which is good for a 5 year tech, so good luck.
    Man im not trying to sound cocky I just am catching shiot from some of the guys on here due to me being an HVAC guy and wanting to go into refrigeration.

Post Likes
    I just am catching shiot from some of the guys on here due to me being an HVAC guy and wanting to go into refrigeration.
    No, you're catching it for being a jag-off........got nothing to do with crossing over from HVAC to refrigeration.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by markettech View Post
    No, you're catching it for being a jag-off........got nothing to do with crossing over from HVAC to refrigeration.
    fwuck you

Post Likes
    He really does love you.............he just has a hard time expressing his feelings.

If you're going to do racks and come here for info, you may want to make friends. You don't know enough yet to know what you don't know that he does know.

Post Likes
    fwuck you
    I think natepickle needs to get the pickle outta his ass its making him cranky
    With your upbeat and possitive attitude im supprised employers arent fighting it out over you
    Good luck

Post Likes
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH P ickle has been removed . lets start over . high guys anygood refrigeration books on the market to help somone learn the refrigeration side?

Post Likes
    Taking our honeymoon...........with kids

Renee's folks gave us a week at their time share at Christmas Mountain back in 2000 as a wedding present.

Did Noah's Ark for 2 days, went to Ripley's yesterday, did Mt, Olympus today and the wife and kids are going again tomorrow (I gotta go back to stay on top of things).

Haven't been to Lake Delton but plan on checking it out yet this week.

We should get together next year down here.............it would be a helluva good time
    Could I come to? Wifey needs to see mom so I'll be up that way.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH P ickle has been removed . lets start over . high guys anygood refrigeration books on the market to help somone learn the refrigeration side?
    Come on dude lighten up a bit yes most of us make more money than hvac
    techs but that's is up to you. You have to want it.And you have to be good at it.
    Last edited by crackertech; 07-25-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: add
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

Post Likes
    It all depends on what you are willing to do, have had my head stuck in units that made me gag and had to swallow to keep from wearing it. Smelled like a bad date gone very wrong. Had units that were so clean i could lay down in them, they were new! Seen food that should have been throw out being served to customers. Most calls are emergencys and you will stay 'til its working. Like working on refrigeration, just not everyday. If your new go for it, if your good you will never go hungry. You might go vegitarian, but there is a strong demand for techs and it pays good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in