Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    ShoreControlGuy,

I have some new "05" and "06" date code microzones. I am getting a "cannot run this rom in this hardware" error. After reading your post above, I was thinking it may be a software version issue. Any thoughts?

Post Likes

what version of PSI

is this error message coming from PSI? Do you know what version of PSI you are using?

Post Likes
    Wow. I just checked on the customer's machine. V2.0. I am able to connect and upload older MZs but unsuccessful with these newer ones.

Thanks for the quick response.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by drafty888 View Post
    Automated Logic offers a direct replacement board for the Microzone. You pull the Microzone card of the its enclosure and put the Webzone card in. To take advantage of the ARC156 bus speeds the Webzone is capable of you may need to upgrade the comm bus wire. But if you choose to use the MS/TP capability of the Webzone you probably would be able to keep the existing bus wire too.
    Why would anyone replace a Net8000 with an automated logic? The stuff is bulletproof and works very well. If you wanted to update communications or remote access, a tridium device would be quicker, easier and less facility down time. As for the bus speed, the packets are very small and though at 9600, they talk more effectively and with comparable speed to a 38400 MS/TP connection.

All-in-all, not sure why that would be a good option for anyone.

Post Likes
    I have XPSI Ver 2.0 and am looking for Ver 4. My email is in my profile.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoreControlGuy View Post
    Why would anyone replace a Net8000 with an automated logic? The stuff is bulletproof and works very well. If you wanted to update communications or remote access, a tridium device would be quicker, easier and less facility down time. As for the bus speed, the packets are very small and though at 9600, they talk more effectively and with comparable speed to a 38400 MS/TP connection.

All-in-all, not sure why that would be a good option for anyone.
    You are kidding right? I love the old BC NW-8000 stuff, but it's state of the art 1992 equipment.
    I've done a few over the years and hands down it's quickest way to upgrade the old ASD bus. With a little planning you can do it with min. down time, and full 156k. Not with serial 9600 bps interface.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by control$ View Post
    You are kidding right? I love the old BC NW-8000 stuff, but it's state of the art 1992 equipment.
    I've done a few over the years and hands down it's quickest way to upgrade the old ASD bus. With a little planning you can do it with min. down time, and full 156k. Not with serial 9600 bps interface.
    What does the 156k buy you though? Bus speed is nice, but unless you are direct connecting a lot it doesn't make much difference. If you are direct connecting a lot, you need to learn a new system to manage the facility with a change-over.

A tridium front-end device would be less expensive, faster and more versitile without having to do any significant software changes. I mean if you are running the old equipment and not renovating the facility I am not sure what the end advantage would be even with the faster communication speed on the network.

9600 or not, that is like taking a Cadilac body and throwing a Hundai motor in it. The key is, all should notice, the microzone is version 2. VERSION-2!! It has been around for a long time, yet never needed a second revision. The reason, it was way ahead of its time in capability and flexibility. I know I wouldn't want to trade even an older Caddy for a brand new Hundai.

Post Likes
    NW-8000 is like an old Caddy. But it's a little rusty and nothing seems to work right and everything is rattling. After 15 years you've got your money's worth. Chances are most of the end devices are a nearing the end too.(good old beer cans) Not that it can't work for another 15 if the end devices are well maintained. I still see plenty of the old BC red controls going strong.
    Guess we're off topic here but if your going to upgrade a system why spend all the money to make it look pretty on the screen? You might as well spend some of the money on a new engine, not just the paint.
    And how is it "faster and more versitile"? Is 9600bps faster then 9600bps? Going into a interface? Versatile - Do they still make them? Been about 10 years since I seen a new Network job. Your stuck with the old ASD bus, unless you upgrade to something else. And a new front end only slow it down even more and mask any issues.

Post Likes
    NW-8000 is best---I luv it man

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesands View Post
    You can learn PSI in about an hour, Programming a GCM 4 hours, programming other 8000 devices another 4 hours. Its pretty simple stuff. You'll be surprised.
    do you do tranning i work on many buildings that have network 8000 only know how to override i get most of the block and logic to a point but when i have an issues that goes deeper then that i get lost any help?

Post Likes
    does any one do training or have manuals to the BC NW 8000 have many building i work on and only know overrides please help ?

Post Likes
    Contact a Schneider rep and they might send it all to you. PDF’s of all manuals are available.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12