Post Likes

Confused Bacnet "Read Only" mode?.....

Maybe someone else has experienced this:

I am trying to connect and control a Venmar HRU with Delta controllers from a UNC-520 via MSTP. I can get values from the unit but it does not recognize my commands or setpoints.

I have checked and had the factory startup guy enable the X_Adjust_Sw to "on / enable" and still the same results.

We are waiting for factory support who wrote the applications in the Delta controllers to call back with more idea's to try.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Techguy802

Post Likes
    I wish U luck......BACnet seems 2 B a problem around here...!!!!!!! But that is just my call after 27+ years in the industry It seems to be LON for now.........!!!!!!! But I'm just a dumb bumb.......

Post Likes

Username and Password

In your UNC, add a username called BACnet and leave the password blank, make sure you give it admin rights.

I have seen this issue before. When you change R/W points the protocol sends username and password info.

This will correct your problem.

Post Likes
    It won't let me add a user without a password. Any thoughts?

Post Likes

password help

do you have admin rights? you absolutely can make a user without a password. I always use admin "blank" as my default. check your process.

Post Likes

another thought

make sure you are adding this user to the UNC database station, not the hardware side (admin tool).

Post Likes

Update - Read Only Solved!!!

Thanks for the input. It gave me plenty to try until I found the issue.

We are using R2, UNC-520 to Delta 1616 controller on 3.33.

In R2, you have to learn the object, then go to properties of the object, not the individual points like in AX, and change the "writePropertyEnabled" to "True", all of the way down on the "Config" tab. Works like a champ!

I took the users back out to see if that made a difference, and it did not in this case. Actually, I did originally add the user to the hardware, then added it as well to the station. The hardware is where it wouldn't accept no password.

Thanks for all of the help!!!

Techguy802