Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    UPDATE / SOLUTION

Gentlemen, after asking around, I found an older HVAC service guy who knew his stuff. He said basically the same things that are in this thread. He asked the same questions and more and then had his guy come out, check a few things, and install a Trane hard start kit. We turned the unit on and off several times with no issues. It seems to be fixed.

You guys are a life-saver since I did not need to replace my compressor, outside unit, and especially my whole system. I spent about 1/10 of what the outside unit would cost.

Thanks again and please let me know if you ever have any land survey related questions. I owe you big time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJamma View Post
    UPDATE / SOLUTION

Gentlemen, after asking around, I found an older HVAC service guy who knew his stuff. He said basically the same things that are in this thread. He asked the same questions and more and then had his guy come out, check a few things, and install a Trane hard start kit. We turned the unit on and off several times with no issues. It seems to be fixed.

You guys are a life-saver since I did not need to replace my compressor, outside unit, and especially my whole system. I spent about 1/10 of what the outside unit would cost.

Thanks again and please let me know if you ever have any land survey related questions. I owe you big time.
    I love a happy ending. You deserve the credit, though, Bama, you took the time to investigate and it looks like it has paid off. Hope your system works well for a long time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12