Post Likes

Thermal Storage Tank measurement

Hey Everyone!

Any body have to measure temperature in a thermal storage tank at 1' intervals? BAPI was making cables for this with 10K Type II sensors but have since stopped. Any suggestions on vendors?

Regards!

Post Likes
    I did that on a 880K Gal tank that was just over 40' tall. We built it from the ground up and installed temp sensors and wells to measure the thermocline. The wells were 12 or 18" but you could probably adapt a strap on.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    I thought someone made one that used pressure readings for a level control.?
    UA Local 32

Post Likes
    We have a ways to measure level. What we are missing now is temperature every foot.

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Did you ever find a good solution for this? My hunch is that a 'custom' item would be required here for the best use - something like making up and sealing a cable of 1-wire temp sensors (Maxim 18B20) in a line that could be immersed into the tank. I'm pretty sure there are 1-wire to bacnet converters on the market, so integration might not be that difficult.

Post Likes
    We did find a solution and have used it in two more tanks. I am pretty sure it was individual sensors made by BAPI that are rated for the pressure then we assembled them into a cable. I can check on it if you need information.

Thanks for the reply!