+ Reply to Thread

Thread: yellow jacket micron gauge 69075

Post Likes

yellow jacket micron gauge 69075

I tried starting my micron gauge today. It went to 0 right away and 3 seconds later gave me doted lines ---- i was just wondering why its doing that?

Post Likes
    I believe it means that the sensor is bad or there is a problem with the sensor plug not making a good connection. Also try a fresh battery.

3. Likes buford liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Picked up brand new micron gauge today, when I was done using it, removed from circuit and turned it on just for ****s and giggles to see how atmospheric looked. To my dismay, I found that the reading zoomed right down to 600 microns... I left it on and several minutes later it had crept up to 2k microns. Mind you, the sensor had been disconnected from the circuit. I checked to make sure head unit had the correct sensor number in it. Definitely no oil what so ever in the sensor as well. Any suggestions YJ?

M#69086

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KellerW View Post
    Picked up brand new micron gauge today, when I was done using it, removed from circuit and turned it on just for ****s and giggles to see how atmospheric looked. To my dismay, I found that the reading zoomed right down to 600 microns... I left it on and several minutes later it had crept up to 2k microns. Mind you, the sensor had been disconnected from the circuit. I checked to make sure head unit had the correct sensor number in it. Definitely no oil what so ever in the sensor as well. Any suggestions YJ?

M#69086
    Had the micron gauge been exposed to refrigerant?

If a micron gauge gets exposed to refrigerant they will do that. It's normal. Once the refrigerant clears out it will all be good.

Post Likes
    lightly blow across sensor after removing. Should quickly read atmospheric.

M#69086

Have wrench-Will travel

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    Had the micron gauge been exposed to refrigerant?

If a micron gauge gets exposed to refrigerant they will do that. It's normal. Once the refrigerant clears out it will all be good.
    No, the gauge was isolated from evacuated circuit and removed.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by socotech View Post
    lightly blow across sensor after removing. Should quickly read atmospheric.

Have wrench-Will travel
    Whilst that sounds very interesting, the problem I have is that I rely on my micron gauge to determine whether or not my circuit is properly dehydrated and I can't trust a gauge that won't show an accurate rise when its at atmospheric.... much less attached to the circuit I am evacuating.

Post Likes

yellow jacket micron gauge 69075

I'm just suggesting to blow any residual refrigerant away from sensor when removed from circuit. This is what I do with mine.

Whilst that sounds very interesting, the problem I have is that I rely on my micron gauge to determine whether or not my circuit is properly dehydrated and I can't trust a gauge that won't show an accurate rise when its at atmospheric.... much less attached to the circuit I am evacuating.

Have wrench-Will travel

Post Likes
    I have the 69075. I've had it for 3+ years. Love it and couldn't be happier. Original sensor, never fails. I keep it above any potential oil flow (usually the 1/4" charging port on my 4-way titan manifold). After confirming pressure test with nitrogen, I don't hook it up until the pump has been running for at least 30 mins and has quieted down a bit. I keep a bottle of 91% IPA on the truck. If I'm dealing with a nasty system repair, I clean the sensor with IPA immediately afterward while im changing vac oil... But I clean it no less than every 2 evacuations. If I had to guess, I've probly got 100+ hours on the original sensor. I'd buy it again in a second.

Post Likes
    If it's exposed to oil/refrigerant, is the alcohol enough to clean it out? Is there a good process for cleaning a very dirty sensor?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pafieldtech View Post
    I have the 69075. I've had it for 3+ years. Love it and couldn't be happier. Original sensor, never fails. I keep it above any potential oil flow (usually the 1/4" charging port on my 4-way titan manifold). After confirming pressure test with nitrogen, I don't hook it up until the pump has been running for at least 30 mins and has quieted down a bit. I keep a bottle of 91% IPA on the truck. If I'm dealing with a nasty system repair, I clean the sensor with IPA immediately afterward while im changing vac oil... But I clean it no less than every 2 evacuations. If I had to guess, I've probly got 100+ hours on the original sensor. I'd buy it again in a second.
    holy cow, 91% IPA! I thought I was hard core drinking 3 Dogfishhead 120s

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Gross View Post
    holy cow, 91% IPA! I thought I was hard core drinking 3 Dogfishhead 120s

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Speaking which, my blood type is IPA Positive.
    https://www.hvac20.com/ High efficiency equipment alone does not provide home comfort and efficiency. HVAC2.0 is a process for finding the real needs of the house and the occupants. Offer the customer a menu of work to address their problems and give them a probability of success.

Find contractors with specialized training in combustion analysis, residential system performance, air flow, and duct optimization https://www.myhomecomfort.org/

Post Likes
    My sensor is over 10 years old.
    It’s has been cleaned with IPA a couple of times when it was new.
    I then installed a ball valve on the sensor.

Post Likes
    you have balls

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in