Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gree Vs Daikin Vs Mitsubishi Ductless Mini Split?

Can someone who has installed two of the subject brands compare Gree, Daikin, and Mitsubishi mini splits? The Mitsubishi is the one most vendors install by volume, but the price is high. The Daikin is a Japanese brand as well, with high quality, but the documentation and support are questionable. The Gree is some kind of Chinese joint venture with Daikin, but the compressors are made in China, so I have no idea what kind of long term quality issues that creates.

2. Likes NEDuctless liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fairfield and NewHaven Counties in Commecticut
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mitsubishi stands allone in ters of quality.
    2 year labor and 12 year parts if installed thru a diamond dealer.
    Quality and Value Service and Repair

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by westes View Post
    Can someone who has installed two of the subject brands compare Gree, Daikin, and Mitsubishi mini splits? The Mitsubishi is the one most vendors install by volume, but the price is high. The Daikin is a Japanese brand as well, with high quality, but the documentation and support are questionable. The Gree is some kind of Chinese joint venture with Daikin, but the compressors are made in China, so I have no idea what kind of long term quality issues that creates.
    Mitsubishi is one of the most commonly installed minis around. Very good product.
    Daikin is one of the biggest HVAC companies in the world (maybe the biggest since the McQuay buy?) so I'm not understanding where you'd say documentation and support are questionable.
    Never heard or seen a Gree.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gree alleges to sell more boxes than anyone but of course Daikin sells megathousand dollar chillers so has them on $$.

Only one of the 3 I've dealt with is Mitsu, pretty hard to beat the product and support.

Gree makes for Trane and others so they can't be too shabby.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've installed all of these products I and DON'T see any really meaningful difference between them. Just like with furnaces the quality of the installation is key. There are many ways to screw up an installation on a ductless mini-split and cause it to fail a lot sooner that it should Regardless of whether you buy a gree or mitsubishi, if you install it perfectly than it should easily last 20 years. BTW I plan to post a video on how to properly form the flare fittings on YouTube. I'll give you a link to it if you want.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have installed 4 Gree over the last couples years. No callbacks .

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by James Colver View Post
    I've installed all of these products I and DON'T see any really meaningful difference between them. Just like with furnaces the quality of the installation is key. There are many ways to screw up an installation on a ductless mini-split and cause it to fail a lot sooner that it should Regardless of whether you buy a gree or mitsubishi, if you install it perfectly than it should easily last 20 years. BTW I plan to post a video on how to properly form the flare fittings on YouTube. I'll give you a link to it if you want.
    I would love to see the link to that. In your opinion what are the key things that affect quality of the install on a mini split system?

I guess one thing I am not clear on is whether any of these systems have a variable speed pump to circulate the coolant for each zone at a different speed. Gree Super+Mini appears to have a single compressor and circulates coolant for all three zones at the same speed. So in theory you might be wasting a little energy on the least demanding zone.